Better late than never....
  Re: (...)
Okay guys, over the course of the weekend, I got caught up on our online dinners....LOL

I made the Shrimp Tostadas. They were good, but very tangy/tart! The Tangy Romaine was the culprit here! They were tasty tho. Maybe better for me served in smaller portions as an appetizer.

Made the Shrimp Margaritas! These were good as well. I loved the roasted corn and bell pepper mix! I will fix this again!

Last night, I made the Italian Steak Sandwiches on the cover of the new issue. Very tasty indeed. On my sandwich, I put a little too much of the gorgonzola mayo and it's flavors kind of took over the whole thing. Next time, I might apply a very small amount on the sandwich, and serve a small bowl on the plate, so we can dip if the need arises. It was a nice combo of flavors tho..IMHO.

I'm fixing the beef bourg. tonight! I can't believe that I'll be current with you guys!!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Better late than never.... by Bizymomma (Okay guys, over the ...)
You been busy girl! Lots of good stuff to eat.

How's everything on the home front going? You okay?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Better late than never.... by bjcotton (You been busy girl! ...)
Thanks for asking Billy! Things are going,....just not how I'd like. Grandma's heart hadn't beat normally since the surgery, so Sat. they had to defib. her. It's beating normal now. She's a diabetic, so circulation has been an issue. All of the toes on her right foot are blue and cold. If this new whirlpool therapy doesn't work to bring back some blood flow, she may be looking at some amputation. That's just going to suck. She can barely walk now.... I just don't know what's going to happen now. I'm sure there are times now when she wonders if she's really made the right choice (to have the surg) It makes me sad kind of....

Thanks so much for asking. It means a lot to me!
  Re: Re: Better late than never.... by Bizymomma (Thanks for asking Bi...)
Hi Billy!
Angela so sorry your grandma is not feeling well, hopefully she will recover
  Re: Re: Better late than never.... by lov2cook (Hi Billy![img]/ubbth...)
Maria,
Thank you so much for your kind words! They are greatly appreciated. There is nothing like feeling compassion and caring from those you've never met. It makes me emotional to know that there are people who truly care!

Welcome to Cuisine @ Home!! We have a lot of fun in this forum! Please try to join our online dinner parties! This is where someone picks a recipe from a past issue. Everyone fixes it then shares their critiques, and/or changes they've had to make! It's really fun and has brought us together like a family! Hope you'll join!
  Re: Re: Better late than never.... by Bizymomma (Maria, [br]Thank you...)
Thank you Angela, I am still learning my way around here so I feel like a blind man
So...where do I go for the partie?
  Re: Re: Better late than never.... by lov2cook (Thank you Angela, I ...)
Welcome Maria, for the "parties" they're usually listed as "Online Dinner #...(I think the count is off) We'll throw out a few suggestions of things that have caught our eye in the C@H magazines we have. We post any recipes the others may not have and decide on a menu and a date to have cooked it by. Then we return and post our critques and changes. It really has been fun, and challenging sometimes.
Cynthia
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Better late than never.... by farnfam (Welcome Maria, for t...)
Maria Sweetie, welcome to CAH! I was hoping you would join us. Everyone, this is my friend Maria from Texas. She is a wonderful and fun lady.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Better late than never.... by Bizymomma (Thanks for asking Bi...)
darn, Angela, thot I'd come back to better news re your grandma - I'm so sorry she's having to go thru all this!! Stay strong, Sweetie!

Maria!! good to see you - as BillyJ said, a friend to a number of us.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com