Future Online Dinners
  Re: (...)
May I suggest that we mostly use CAH recipes for our main dish and sides; but, if we find a recipe that we really like in another cookbook or magazine we can use or recommend that. Also, if we find a side dish we really like elsewhere we can recommend it. Of course, we take different magazines, so we would have to post the recipe and any pertinent comments by the author or magazine. I take CAH, recently subscribed to Weeknight Menus, Taste of Home and Pennzey's ONE. Additionally, I have about 100 cookbooks I browse frequently.

My family is peculiar in that there are things they can't/won't eat making it very difficult to find dishes everyone will eat. For instance, my sis Fredia has many allergies and won't eat shrimp in any form other than breaded and deepfried, won't eat any squash other than acorn or butternut, my BIL Paul won't eat anything using tomatoes in any form other than fresh. It is a continuing hassle to feed them new and imaginative meals. She likes tomatoes in any form and he likes shrimp in any form..Sad
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Future Online Dinners by bjcotton (May I suggest that w...)
so...should we call you a culinary artist or magician?
That suggestion sounds great Billy I take cooks magazine and i love it.
It will be interesting to see what we all come up with
  Re: Re: Future Online Dinners by lov2cook (so...should we call ...)
Just call me frustrated. I have to adapt recipes just to get them to eat them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Future Online Dinners by bjcotton (Just call me frustra...)
now you sound like the mother of fussy kids!
  Re: Re: Future Online Dinners by lov2cook (now you sound like t...)
I thot this had all been worked out in a previous thread. We decided we would use entrees from c@h and fill in with whatever dishes our family prefer and/or what we decided goes best with the entree.

And...once in a while fill in with recipes from an outside source. Also, I'm sure we all won't be making all of the choices each week - there are bound to be times we choose something that others of us won't care for. So, we skip that week.

AND...didn't we decide to lose the Dinner Menu #___ because if was confusing and go with Dinner Menu of (example) May 29 (or 30th - with it a holiday)???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Future Online Dinners by cjs (I thot this had all ...)
LOL Billy having CRS again.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Future Online Dinners by Lorraine (LOL Billy having CR...)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Future Online Dinners by cjs ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
I must admit, I do find CRS dropping in more and more lately. Me thinks I'll just have to prepare the guestroom

Billy
  Re: Re: Future Online Dinners by cjs (I thot this had all ...)
That was my impression as well!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Future Online Dinners by Roxanne 21 (That was my impressi...)
It was settled, I just forgot.

Billy