Mediterranean Game Hens
  Re: (...)
Issue 45 June 2004
Fixed these tonight along with the Buttered Orzo. Very tasty!!! Even the picky one is eating it! The kids actually prefer plain ole' black olives, but DH and I really liked the flavor of the kalamatas!
I did change up the cooking method. I prepared 4 cornish hens instead of 2 due to family need. So searing them in the skillet didn't seem feasable. Instead, I turned the heat up in the stove and used the convection fan, cooking them quickly under high heat for about 15 minutes. Then down to 350 for another 15 min. or so. They were delish! Not dry at all! We will fix these again!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Mediterranean Game Hens by Bizymomma (Issue 45 June 2004[b...)
Oh yum Angela, that is one of our very favorites. I've been using leg and thigh quarters and that works well, but I'm going to have to try the half cornish hen sometime. But I have to say again, Mediterranean Game Hens is a big repeat favorite here. Love that herbed butter under the skin and crazy about that orzo too
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Mediterranean Game Hens by Bizymomma (Issue 45 June 2004[b...)
Thanks for the advice, I have never cooked cornish game hens, I have always imagined them to be dry. Little wee chickens are fun tho. I never got over chicken in a basket, "spose I am a child of the 60s even if I don't know what electric Puha smells like.
  Re: Re: Mediterranean Game Hens by vannin (Thanks for the advic...)
"even if I don't know what electric Puha smells like"
he..he. Oh, Mrs. Dale, I'm not sure what that smells like either..much less WHAT it is!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Mediterranean Game Hens by Bizymomma ("even if I don't kno...)
hahahahahaha... Puha is NZ spinach I believe. Altho I also believe the electric variety is grown in somewhat drier circumstances. ;Þ