honeycomb
  Re: (...)
Jean----Please forgive my ignorance BUT you mentioned honeycomb in your rib recipe (the dessert end)---what is it and do you have a source for the recipe??
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: honeycomb by Roxanne 21 (Jean----Please forgi...)
Oh Roxanne, if you can find a honeycomb, be sure to grab it. I run across them every so often and buy it and just replace what I'm hanging on to. The brand I have right now is Piru Canyon Honey, from Fillmore, CA, USA.

It comes in a hard plastic box, 12 oz. and I just fork off a bit to add to cheese and crackers. It's just wonderful.

I'll go look and see what I can find out.....

Here you go - igourmet.com is a wonderful cheese (plus) site and they have honeycombs - just scroll down.

http://www.igourmet.com/shoppe/search.as...earch.y=14

Have fun...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: honeycomb by cjs (Oh Roxanne, if you c...)
Thanx Jean---I thought it was a little more complicated BUT will have to wait until our return to the STATES----I am always amazed at the items I am missing!!! UGH!!!! SOONER than later I hope. Is it a sweet/brittle taste---interesting to me!!

We have a bee's nest at the bottom of our driveway--would that be an option?? (I keep it there for another security measure---)
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: honeycomb by Roxanne 21 (Thanx Jean---I thoug...)
I found this whole honeycomb thing intriguing...especially since it's described in the Q&A section of the latest issue. I've been seeing the darn honeycombs everywhere until now when I actually want to buy one! Grrrr! Oh, well, I'll keep looking....
Tammy
  Re: Re: honeycomb by TwilightKitten (I found this whole h...)
It is readily available here, but I don't like the wax. How do you get around that? How do you use it?
  Re: Re: honeycomb by vannin (It is readily availa...)
You probably wouldn't enjoy it then Dale. We love to just put a 'dab' (which includes the wax)on a cheese - the sharper the cheese, the nicer the contrast.

As a kid, my favorite sandwich was toast with honecomb and peanut butter.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: honeycomb by cjs (You probably wouldn'...)
LOL Jean, Shane loves it, either outside or covered with many teatowels. A hot flannel or three at the ready for clean up. But he has not had it with cheese, I will do that for him. He will love you for it, I am certain. I like the honey, it is just having that wax in my mouth, can't get on with it.

It does occur to me this might be nice with fresh dates, figs, even dried figs. Maybe stuff the dates with cream cheese, and dip in the honey, drained from the comb. Might be a good dessert. Whatcha think?
  Re: Re: honeycomb by vannin (LOL Jean, Shane lov...)
I'm thinking you are on to something that sounds delicious...
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: honeycomb by cjs (I'm thinking you are...)
OFF TOPIC...AGAIN Dale sent me some Manuka honey. It has a taste all its own. Also, my lil' sis and I ordered some more (a small jar from NZ was $33 USD), she uses it for cuts, burns, etc. The Manuka has antibiotic properties. She swears that things like where her heel split heal much faster than using anything else.

Y'all don't be surprised if I come home from there dragging the whole country behind me
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: honeycomb by bjcotton (OFF TOPIC...AGAIN D...)
Oh Billy, I have a 1 kg jar sitting on my desk, I just haven't got around to sending it. I have a 30kg tub in my pantry, I like to keep a bit on hand y'know, that tub came from from the Hokianga, extra specially good flavour. But not 15+.