Anyone have a good recipe for peach cobbler?
  Re: (...)
I saw an article about cowboy cooking but didn't have time to read the entire thing, the one thing I did see was that they were making peach cobbler. Now I can't get the thought of it out of my head served with some homemade vanilla ice cream......yummy!
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]
  Re: Anyone have a good recipe for peach cobbler? by mlucas1 (I saw an article abo...)
Well, that depends...what do you consider a cobbler? Some have a biscuit topping and others have more of a cakey/pastry type topping, I guess you'd call it. My husband prefers the latter, and I have a recipe for that one. Here it is:

Grandma's Peach Cobbler
• 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
• 1 cup flour
• 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup sugar (Reserve 1 teaspoon sugar)
• 1 cup milk
• 3 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches, with their juices
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Put the butter in a 9x13-inch Pyrex baking dish and put the dish in the preheating oven. While the butter is melting, mix up the batter by combining the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and milk.
When the butter is completely melted, remove the pan and pour the batter into the melted butter. Then, carefully spoon the peaches and juice evenly over the batter. Return dish to the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon reserved sugar.
As the cobbler cooks, the batter will rise up and around the peaches. Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Tammy
  Re: Re: Anyone have a good recipe for peach cobbler? by TwilightKitten (Well, that depends.....)
Oh my - peach or apricot cobblers - my favorite!! Sounds good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Anyone have a good recipe for peach cobbler? by TwilightKitten (Well, that depends.....)
OOOO___there have been some nice recipes from CAH for cobblers---also a very nice peach trifle in one issue!!!

You could sub peach for the balckberries etc and have an excellent recipe!!!

You guys are incredible with your ideas---gotta make some time--one of these days to follow through with the suggestions---just kinda overwhelmed at the moment. Nice to read your chats---keep 'em coming!!

WELCOME RICK!!!! You're gonna love it here---we have a great family!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
That looks like a great recipe! I'll let you know how it turns out!
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]
  Re: Re: Anyone have a good recipe for peach cobbler? by mlucas1 (That looks like a gr...)
I like a roughish bumpty topping, oats, brown sugar, butter, chopped almonds and walnuts, or any nuts. Maybe a little layer of raisons or dried currants over the peaches. It is quite nice if the dried fruit gets involved with a little brandy prior to the event.
  Re: Re: Anyone have a good recipe for peach cobbler? by vannin (I like a roughish bu...)
PS.. I love the sponge topped too, but don't think they are called cobblers.