Fried Green Tomatoes
  Re: (...)
If you are impatient for your home growns--go pick some firm greens and try this at breakfast--or anytime!
FRIED GREEN TOMATOES
1/2 cup all purpose flour
salt and freshly ground pepper
2 large eggs, beaten
1 cup fresh , dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheeese
1 lb green tomatoes, slice 1/3 inch thick
olive oil for frying in a skillet
Old Bay for seasoning
Cayenne for seasoning
Mix flour and s&p in a bowl
Put eggs (beaten) in another bowl
Mix breadcrumbs and cheese in another
Dredge tomatoes in flour, coat with egg, then press in crumbs, press to stick. Heat oil in skillet , add tomatoes and cook on both sides until brown--5-7 min. Drain on paper- season with Old Bay, cayenne and serve. Bon Appetit Ya'll
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Fried Green Tomatoes by Old Bay (If you are impatien...)
I have never had fried green tomatoes, I thought it was a special species of tom. I do know that striping the tom plants of green, (and never going to ripen) tomatoes does make a very nice chutney. Thank goodness for those who go before us.
I love fried green tomatoes! I usually add some cornmeal to the dredge, but any way you fix them...I love 'em! It sure is good to see another soul who loves "down home cooking!"
See, and I thought that was just a title of a movie! lol just kidding! Thanks for the recipe. My hubby just put the tomato plants in the ground Thursday, I'll keep this recipe handy!
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]
  Re: Re: Fried Green Tomatoes by vannin (I have never had fri...)
The tomatoes don't have to be GREEN green, they can be slightly orange, changing from green to red. But, you do want them quite firm.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy