A quick note
  Re: (...)
May not be able to check in with you guys very often in the next month (I'll be tending my daughter as she recovers from disc surgery). So I wanted to tell you I'm going to miss you all. I'll visit when I can. I'll be cooking for a crowd again, and may need recipes and tips from my friends here.
Hope to talk to you soon,
Cynthia
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: A quick note by farnfam (May not be able to c...)
Let us know how she's doing Cynthia. My prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
Hubby is a neurosurgeon and I am a neurosurgical nurse---both retired!!! HOWEVER_____she should do well and be back on her feet really soon!!! Our patients were (ME included) going about our usual routine within two weeks!! It can be a little daunting---but if you have the RIGHT neurosurgeon (and I'm sure you do) all will be GREAT!!! Just make certain that she follows the Dr.s instructions to the letter---she will have a great recovery---I think that the prospect is more scarey than it should be--totally dependent upon the patient's outlook!! MIND OVER MATTER!!!! Good luck---let us know what's happening and PAY ATTENTION!!! Thoughts are with you---
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
Good luck to you and your family Cynthia! I'm missing you already!
Loving every moment of my life!!
Good luck to your daughter, Cynthia. I'll keep her in my prayers!
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]
Oh Cynthia!! I'm sorry to hear about your daughter (Angela, forget my question in another thread...) You know our thots and prayers are with you and your family. Get her well and check in when you can.

What kind of crowds are you anticipating cooking for? Remember I was into catering for a good while, so if I can help in any way, just holler. (Did a lot of good old comfort foods also)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A quick note by cjs (Oh Cynthia!! I'm sor...)
I am sorry Cynthia that you and your family are going through this. I guess disc surgery is better than no disc surgery sometimes, not that that it makes easier on anyone. I was in hosp. for 8 days a little while ago and my mother didn't even ring to see how I was, so your daughter is lucky to have you. I am glad for her, for that at least. And I am glad for you, that you can take care of her.

I am also interested in how many you will be cooking for. Sorry if that sounds purile in the face of you stress. I certainly don't mean it to be. But I think you know that.
  Re: Re: A quick note by vannin (I am sorry Cynthia t...)
This is Cynthia's hubby,James Our daughter came through her surgery with flying colors. Except for a couple nights with pain, she is now making much progress each day.
In reguards to cooking for a crowd. In addition to herself and our two daughters, dinner guests usually include the two boyfriends and other visiting well wishers.
Cis thanks you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. She hopes to visit the forum soon and misses you all. thank you all from our whole family.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: A quick note by farnfam (This is Cynthia's hu...)
Thank you James for updating us/me. It is important that we know. One sort of drifts out here not knowing how to respond to circumstances. Especially since we are so scattered geographically. And even culturally. The prayers of blessing are pouring on you from this little corner of the world. All of you. the very kindest regards James, to you cis, and your dear family.
  Re: Re: A quick note by farnfam (This is Cynthia's hu...)
Cynthia & James,

I am glad that your daughter is out of surgery and doing well. Have said a prayer for her and you both. I'm just reading to see if there are any concerns anyone may have that I can be of assistance with or learn from.
God bless'

David