Silpat storage
  Re: (...)
I have a few Silpat baking mats, and have been storing them flat, sandwiched between my large half sheet pans. Is it okay to store them this way, or do I have to roll them up and store them inside a paper towel roll? Just wondering, because storing them flat takes up less room, and I don't think they're going to get damaged this way.
You have to know what the rules are before you can successfully break them.
  Re: Silpat storage by Suzie_Homemaker (I have a few Silpat ...)
I store mine the same way you do. I thought it came with instructions that said not to roll them up....but I could be wrong.
Tammy
  Re: Re: Silpat storage by TwilightKitten (I store mine the sam...)
I know this is horrible, but couldn't resist not telling you. We have lived in our house for 14 years, this past winter became a vacation home for some little mice....they chewed my freakin' silpat liner!!!! They must be retarted!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Silpat storage by Bizymomma (I know this is horri...)
Ack, that is horrible! Did you kill them? Want to borrow my cats?
Tammy
  Re: Re: Silpat storage by TwilightKitten (Ack, that is horribl...)
LOL...Yep, their gonners! Thanks to some mouse traps laced with peanut butter! Cat isn't much help, she's 13 years old! Chasing mice is too much work!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Silpat storage by TwilightKitten (I store mine the sam...)
I don't know where I put the instructions for those things. I've been storing them flat, but read somewhere online that says to roll them up and store them inside a towel paper roll. I then decided to check out the Silpat website, and ***LO AND BEHOLD*** the instructions say to store them flat.

Aside: I'd be hoppin' mad if a rat chewed through my Silpats! I don't have a cat, but I'd get one if I had rats. JMO, of course.
  Re: Re: Silpat storage by Suzie_Homemaker (I don't know where I...)
I didn't remember how to store mine. I roll loosely and band them and then store my rolling pin inside them. Probably not the way you are supposed to, but it works and i haven't had any problem with them.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Silpat storage by esgunn (I didn't remember ho...)
It probably doesn't matter, as long as you don't fold them, and as long as you protect them in some way. Mine are flat, but sandwiched between my half sheet pans, so nothing sharp sits on top of them. I protect my nonstick muffin pans with plastic placemats, and other baking pans with kitchen towels.

I don't like the idea of using paper towel rolls because I don't like to store anything in cardboard. I think that if I wanted to store my Silpats rolled up, I'd buy a PVP pipe from Lowe's and cut it to size.