It's Gardening Time
  Re: (...)
How many of you have begun your gardens this year? Last weekend I planted mine...5 varieties of tomatoes (3 Sweet 100 cherry, 4 Sun Gold cherry, 1 Brandywine, 1 mortgage breaker, 1 beefsteak) for 13 plants, 2 varieties of peppers (6 jalapeno and 6 tams) for 12 plants, 2 zucchini plants and 2 yellow crookneck squash plants.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: It's Gardening Time by bjcotton (How many of you have...)
I got mine started, thank goodness! I have several varieties of tomato...I can't even tell you what they are. I think I have some early girl, Juliet(?) grape, Goldenboy(?), some sort of Romas, maybe a beefsteak or two. lol..I like to start my own from seed, but haven't been able to do it the past couple of years. I've just been grabbing what I can from the local nurseries.

I have some yellow squash, zucchini, cucumbers (only 1 plant...I, ummm, kind of let the rest die before I got them in the ground! Oops! ), Silver Queen corn, snow peas, eggplant, onions, green onions, jalapenos, anaheim chiles, bell peppers, and lots of herbs.

I bought lots of seeds...carrots, green beans, lettuce and a bunch more that I haven't planted yet. I wonder if it's too late now.

Oh, I sure can't wait to get some red tomatoes!!!
Tammy
  Re: Re: It's Gardening Time by TwilightKitten (I got mine started, ...)
If you can get some Sun Gold cherry tomatoes, you'll be glad you did. They are larger than a grape, but smaller than one of the regular cherry tomatoes. When ripe, they are a bright orangy-gold and very sweet. They even taste good when they're not quite ripe. In the past I've only planted one or two, but everyone picked some as they walked by so they never made it into the house. Last year, I planted 6 and they were so prolific we couldn't keep up with them. This year I went for 4 hoping it would be just right...of course it won't be. They are very low acid tomatoes.

Billy
  Re: Re: It's Gardening Time by bjcotton (If you can get some ...)
I just picked my first Brandywines, Celebrities, Green Zebras, Cherokee Purples, and Yellow Plums--Delicious--the only reason for summer. Black Krims are loaded but behind. Go great with my basil.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: It's Gardening Time by Old Bay (I just picked my fir...)
Didn't do anything but herbs this year... Just didn't have time with grandma in the hospital still. I'll just tend to my 5 rosemary, 1 cilantro, 3 thyme, and 2 basil bushes! I'm jealous of you guys tho!!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: It's Gardening Time by Bizymomma (Didn't do anything b...)
I've barely begun planting. But, the garlic I planted last fall is about 3 ft high. I have ready to plant; 1 each grape and cherry tomatoe, swiss chard, mesclun, brussell sprouts, pickling cukes, and habanero peppers. I planted the mesclun, spinach, and edamame. Don't have all my herbs yet, but the shiso is planted. I'm starting to think Texas might be a good place to live.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: It's Gardening Time by Lorraine (I've barely begun pl...)
It is ironic, here I am on 6 plus acres and all I am growing is Lemon and Lime. Shane won't let me mess things up.
  Re: Re: It's Gardening Time by vannin (It is ironic, here I...)
We could sneak over to Lizzie's Dale..maybe plow up some of her property

Billy
  Re: Re: It's Gardening Time by bjcotton (We could sneak over ...)
We could Billy, she has enough for a market garden....
  Re: Re: It's Gardening Time by vannin (We could Billy, she ...)
"Lemon and Lime"

Oh be still my heart. When I was in Palm Springs, the house had a lemon and grapefruit tree in the yard. I thought I had died and gone to heaven!!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.