Dinner Menu Critique - 5/12 - Today's Date???
  Re: (...)
I know, I know, I know…this is cheating, but – Chicken Parmesan Roulades with Caesar Salad has to be the best dish I have ever made from C@H!!!

The tomato concasse is such a beautiful, tasty bonus to the flavors.

I found myself trying to make sure I could have a taste of every flavor with each bite. And the Caesar dressing is one of the most flavorful (I did add just a tad more anchovies… ) that I’ve made in a long time.

This is a menu that I will make for company for years to come. I plated on my square white china and it is as pretty as it is great tasting. I didn’t make anything else, just pigged out on chicken and salad.

We’re having weekend guests and they may not leave till Monday, so I didn’t want to forget to post this – that’s why I’m posting now…plus, I just can’t stand to wait.

I love this recipe!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Menu Critique - 5/12 - Today's Date??? by cjs (I know, I know, I kn...)
I'll cheat some more.... here's a picture of the dish - if it works.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/cjd...oulade.jpg
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner Menu Critique - 5/12 - Today's Date??? by cjs (I'll cheat some more...)
Wow, what a beautiful presentation!!!!! That is deffinately on my to try list. Thanx for the pic.
  Re: Re: Dinner Menu Critique - 5/12 - Today's Date??? by coco hernandez (Wow, what a beautifu...)
Jean, that looks and sounds fabulous. Love the plates!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Dinner Menu Critique - 5/12 - Today's Date??? by cjs (I'll cheat some more...)
It tastes as good as it looks---I know--beautiful presentation!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
Beautiful! That looks so good. Our "brother" Francois is coming to visit in July -- he'd so love that! May have to make it for him.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Dinner Menu Critique - 5/12 - Today's Date??? by Harborwitch (Beautiful! That loo...)
I seem to remember someone jumping on me about posting a review early....oh well.

That looks excellent Jean, and so pretty.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Dinner Menu Critique - 5/12 - Today's Date??? by bjcotton (I seem to remember s...)
Yeah, I know...have you ever heard the saying -

do as I say, not as I do??????????

promise I won't do it again....well, unless we do another fantastic dinner...
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner Menu Critique - 5/12 - Today's Date??? by cjs (Yeah, I know...have ...)
Yes I do Jean and you know I ALWAYS listen to you!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Dinner Menu Critique - 5/12 - Today's Date??? by bjcotton (Yes I do Jean and yo...)
What a fabulous looking dish. Those look such fat enticing little puppies, all ready for culinary seduction. I too love the plate, I love putting food on or in anything a bit different. Seafood starters (we call them entrees) in a lovely Royal Doulton cup and saucer. I once took Christy bub a chicken shaped dish normally used for boiled eggs to stop them drying out. He look off the chicken lid and live chickens were peeeping at him. Made him laugh like a mad budgie, and, I am sure, made him feel better. His dinner that night was a beef olive, sliced carefully into little mouth slices, with orange segments, not an echo of pith or rag, tomato, skinned, seeded, lightly spiced beetroot wisps, and a few incomplete rings of red onion, raw. More 1/4 moon shapes. Everything tiny for a 6 year old. It's funny the things one remembers. He doesn't remember it, he was unwell at the time, but I do. His little dinner was served in a small crystal dish, I love crystal, but it seems out of fashion now. So buy up while you are able. Nothing has to match, in fact, I think it is better if it does not. More fun.