June 12 on line dinner critique
  Re: (...)
This was a very interesting take on one of my hubby's favorite dinners. I followed the recipe pretty closely however added some basil leaves to the roll up (only because I LOVE basil!!!). I experienced no problems with the directions---the final result was fantastic and will be on future dinner menus!!! The Caesar salad was enough for an accompaniment--just added a couple of slices of garlic bread and everyone was happy!!

The chicken breasts here are very small--about half the size as the American ones (6 oz. each--try 2-3 oz. here). Anyway--made the recipe as is but with one breast, not halved, and it was really superb!!

Anybody else??
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: June 12 on line dinner critique by Roxanne 21 (This was a very inte...)
O.K., pretend like I didn't post this early...

I know, I know, I know…this is cheating, but – Chicken Parmesan Roulades with Caesar Salad has to be the best dish I have ever made from C@H!!!

The tomato concasse is such a beautiful, tasty bonus to the flavors.

I found myself trying to make sure I could have a taste of every flavor with each bite. And the Caesar dressing is one of the most flavorful (I did add just a tad more anchovies… ) that I’ve made in a long time.

This is a menu that I will make for company for years to come. I plated on my square white china and it is as pretty as it is great tasting. I didn’t make anything else, just pigged out on chicken and salad.

We’re having weekend guests and they may not leave till Monday, so I didn’t want to forget to post this – that’s why I’m posting now…plus, I just can’t stand to wait.

I love this recipe!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: June 12 on line dinner critique by cjs (O.K., pretend like I...)
I will give you my critique on Wednesday night. I just bought everything today and will serve it for supper on the 14th.

Did I post the recipe for the White Pepper and Ginger Lemon Cake on here? I'll have to check cause if I didn't I'm going to it's outrageous. Oh good I did. This recipe is my most requested dessert next to my Best Ever Carrot Cake.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: June 12 on line dinner critique by cjs (O.K., pretend like I...)
I've been too sick to cook... I'll make it when I can though...
Tammy
  Re: June 12 on line dinner critique by Roxanne 21 (This was a very inte...)
I'm behind again guys....We've played softball games everynight so I have yet to fix this recipe. We have games tonight and tomorrow night. Maybe I can look to fix it Monday! With your reviews in, I'm excited!!!!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: June 12 on line dinner critique by Bizymomma (I'm behind again guy...)
Yea! I get to contribute. Even though I made this about a week before the dinner menu was planned! We thought it was fantastic! Really good. I liked all the different flavors together.

Modifications: I didn't have anchovy paste - still really liked the ceasar with out it.

For a winter meal I think I would add garlic to the Tomato sauce ( which we LOVED) and serve over pasta or maybe wilted spinach. YUM.

The leftovers were fantastic!

We also really loved the fontina and arugula roulades!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: June 12 on line dinner critique by esgunn (Yea! I get to contr...)
I think I might add a note from Roxanne's book and put in a basil leaf. Jean, this will be my very first taste/use of anchovie, I know you like it, so cross your fingers for me. You know how I feel about fish
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: June 12 on line dinner critique by bjcotton (I think I might add ...)
I have not eaten anchovy either Billy. I do believe it lighter in taste if you soak in a dish of milk first. I don't mean the paste, but the little fishes from the sea. Or can. Or jar. Not having tried it makes me feel a little silly. So I am really interested in your remarks. I have always been 'funny' about fish, and eaten only the freshest. I like to buy if off the boat, if possible. But Moana Fisheries in Pukekohe have been unfailingly reliable for us.

Christie, my baby boy, brought home some smoked kawai in the weekend. He must have been having an attack of the hunter gatherer thing. It is a fine fish, a med. flake, very white and sweet to the taste. Not at all 'Fishy'. Smells like brisk morning surf. It was cleaned and smoked on the boat. They were fishing out the back of Kauwau Island, in the Hauraki, and the kahwai were so thick they couldn't easily get down to the schnapper. But a few were taken.

Christie scored his first Kingfish. 25kgs, in the raw, a lovely thing. But that was eaten on the boat. As were the schnapper. I am uncertain, but I don't imagine there was anything as civilised as a salad involved, Probably not even bread and butter. So couth might not be a term to describe their magnificent feast, which was evidently much enjoyed by all aboard.

Of course, there would have been limitless supplies of Lion Red. (beer)
  Re: Re: June 12 on line dinner critique by vannin (I have not eaten anc...)
Okay, about the anchovy paste....here is little ole' me. Stuck in the middle of Arkansas,....spinach/soy bean field land. A "want-a-be-chef" hopelessly looking online for different, modern ingredients....I LOVE anchovy paste. I add it to my lasagna sauce, spaghetti sauce. It just adds a depthness.... hard to explain, BUT, I will always own a tube (had to order online by-the-way) Order, you won't be sorry!!!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: June 12 on line dinner critique by Bizymomma (Okay, about the anch...)
BillyJ, if you like a good Caesar, you will no doubt have had it with anchovy - anchovies are a must in a good and true Caesar.

Tammy, you're sick? You know it's more fun when the three stalwarts (Tammy, Angela, & Cis) are a part of the dinner menu!! Tammy, get well; Angela leave in the 7th inning; and Cis - get that daughter healthy and get back to us!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com