Chicken Boobies
  Re: (...)
I can't remember exactly who it was that was saying that they had to use the entire half-breast for each roulade because they were so small. I just checked the package of half-breasts I bought at Whole Foods...they weighed in at 12.75 oz each...that's 3/4 of a pound...must have been Texas chickens Maybe I can talk Chef Jean to come down and cut them in half for me next time. They weren't cut ragged or anything but they weren't exactly cut in half either .
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Chicken Boobies by bjcotton (I can't remember exa...)
Looks like a yummy dish to practice on Billy.
  Re: Re: Chicken Boobies by vannin (Looks like a yummy d...)
If you don't do it before I get there, maybe we can try it there...hell, even if you do make it we can do it again. I'm also serving the sauted spinach from CAH with it...couldn't resist as the spinach is from their fields

Billy
  Re: Re: Chicken Boobies by bjcotton (If you don't do it b...)
The chances of me doing it before you get here are fairly remote Billy. I just loved Jeans pic. though. She SHOULD take up photography.
  Re: Re: Chicken Boobies by vannin (The chances of me do...)
My, thanks for the encouragement Dale (& roxanne, also)in the photo dept. I'm just loving having time, finally, to take pictures of the dishes. I used to have to yell at someone in the kitchen - "Take a picture - this one's worth it!!!!" Didn't get too many of them tho.

So, BillyJ, is the dish completed??? Have you enjoyed it yet?? Some of those honkers are huge, aren't they? I think it was Roxanne who could only get the itty bitty ones.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chicken Boobies by cjs (My, thanks for the e...)
You bet Jean. I just got back from serving it. They didn't want me to plate it, so I didn't. I cooked it here and transported it to their house. I never heard such moaning over something I'd cooked. They were even commenting on it after they'd finished. "Oh, I can still taste everything! So, what's for dinner tomorrow?" They were very appreciative and loved everything. The tomatoes were a little acidic, so I put just a touch of sugar in the concasse, but man was it good. I added the basil leaf in each one like Roxanne said and yummy! There ended up being four of us and there was still one roulade left. These are farm folk and they work hard. It was a pleasure to feed them and then listen to them reminisce about when they were kids and their mother's cooking...his was an Italian family and hers were I think Norweigen (sp). I am trying to talk them into writing down some of the recipes they were talking about. Guess I'd have to give this meal a 9.5. It'd be a 10 if I didn't have to do the dishes too

Billy
  Re: Re: Chicken Boobies by bjcotton (You bet Jean. I jus...)
Oh Billy, you do make life an adventure. I reckon those neighbours send your sister and hubby off, swearing they know where the rainbow ends. But then they run back inside and have a little dance because they know the rainbow ends fair and square on their home. hahahahaha...good ploy.
  Re: Re: Chicken Boobies by vannin (Oh Billy, you do mak...)
These are the people that sent out the packages of bay leaves I shared around. Last night they told me they have 3 kaffir limes growing and that the leaves were about the size of her hand. They're going to have a few for me to take home with me, also some baby dill, tarragon and anything else they have that I want...they have a nice spinet piano I wouldn't mind having

Billy
  Re: Re: Chicken Boobies by vannin (Oh Billy, you do mak...)
YEAH!!!! But great things come in SMALL packages!!!

The challenges make it all the better in the end!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy