I got the new August issue!!!
  Re: (...)
Anyone else rec'd theirs yet??? I'm sooo excited, something new something fresh! Yippee!!!!!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: I got the new August issue!!! by Bizymomma (Anyone else rec'd th...)
noooooo....not yet! Choosing our next menu may be on you, eh????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
What? What? You're not bragging about all the tasty recipes that we haven't seen yet? I would have been Smile
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: I got the new August issue!!! by bjcotton (What? What? You're ...)
LOL!! Okay, you asked for it! j/k, I'm only gonna give you one, cause I know how exciting it is to open that new issue and carefully skim each page. Wouldn't want to ruin it for you!
Saturday Summer Strata....fixed with cream & mozz. cheeses, pesto, prosciutto...Looks devine!
  Re: Re: I got the new August issue!!! by Bizymomma (LOL!! Okay, you aske...)
"fixed with cream & mozz. cheeses, pesto, prosciutto..." - and nowhere does it say you can't make it for dinner, does it???????????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Some great new recipies and tips are fantastic. Had a problem with the tamale corn cakes and carnitas. Corn cake flavor is really good- didn't need to be egged and floured and fried- a simple brown in butter would be enough. The big problem was the carnita sauce- like a really bad BBQ sauce- not mexican at all. Suggestion would be a enchilada sauce with beef- possibly a mole' with chicken ot turkey or even a green chili with some pulled pork. The idea is great- all the other flavours are there- just needs help...
  Re: Re: I got the new August issue!!! by huckleberries (Some great new recip...)
Ginny - welcome to c@h!! I'm just going to have to stay away from the posts re August issue of mag. This is really frustrating...
www.achefsjourney.com
I recieved my Aug. issue too! Where to begin, where to begin......I've read through it several times already and cannot wait to try the Sat. morning strata. In fact, we've been invited away for the July 4th weekend and I've been asked to contribute something for breakfast on Monday morning and this may be it! The breakfast lemonade looks refreshing as well. So many recipes, so little time!
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]
  Re: Re: I got the new August issue!!! by mlucas1 (I recieved my Aug. i...)
Ginny,
I have a great recipe for carnitas if your interested! I have fixed it time and again. It is time consuming, but well worth the effort! I'd never had carnitas before I tried this recipe, and now, when we go to authentic mexican restaurants, that is what I order!
  Re: Re: I got the new August issue!!! by Bizymomma (Ginny, [br]I have a ...)
I am jealous!! I haven't got mine yet...**goes and sits on the front porch and waits for the mailman**

I think it's so wonderful how excited we all get when the next issue arrives