Cappuccino Mousse
  Re: (...)
I usually have great success with these recipes, but I just tried the Cappuccino Mousse (Aug.06) When I made the mousse base, by the time it had cooled to room temp, it was very thin and separated. Any idea why?
  Re: Cappuccino Mousse by katrina (I usually have great...)
Would love to try and help out, but...you and Angela are two of the first to receive the Aug. issue...darn! Haven not seen the recipe.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
katrina, I have already made this recipe and it was wonderful. Could it be that you didn't beat the egg, sugar, water mixture long enough to triple and form a "ribbon?"
  Re: Re: Cappuccino Mousse by dollop (katrina, I have alre...)
Thanks for the note--it did triple very nicely, just as the recipe said, but while it was getting down to room temp, the volume diminished a lot and got watery. Once I combined all the ingredients and let it chill, it actually came out okay, but you may be right that I could have beat the mixture a little longer. Just an FYI--since we love coffee flavor, I used Espresso instead of regular coffee.
  Re: Re: Cappuccino Mousse by katrina (Thanks for the note-...)
Welcome to CAH Katrina. It's nice to have someone else to share recipes and results with.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
WELCOME Katrina----wonderful to have you on board---it is great to have you join our growing family!!!

I wish I could comment on your dilemma BUT---I won't receive the new issue until the NEXT issue comes out---UGH!!!!!

Hope to see you frequently here---

Roxanne
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy