Grilled Romaine
  Re: (...)
I've seen this idea twice this weekend, so I decided to give it a try. It was a surprisingly "good thing" as ms. Stewart would say. Take your romaine hearts, cut them in half, length wise, drizzle with EVOO, salt, pepper, and grill cut side down until it carmalizes a little. I brought it in, sliced it up, sprinkled a little more salt & pepper...yum! I ate it with some grilled chix breast. But, it would be good with some fresh grated parm...or crumbled bacon & radishes... Many options! Give it a try next time you are grilling & have romaine!Smile
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Grilled Romaine by Bizymomma (I've seen this idea ...)
Thanks for that! I've seen that a couple times myself and have always wanted to hear from someone who has actually done it. Did you have anything else on the grill?

I was wondering if it would be better to have something else on it to give it a more smoky flavor or do it at the end and just get the carmelization from the heat and bit of the flavor from the grill.

I feel some experimentation feelings coming on
  Re: Re: Grilled Romaine by DFen911 (Thanks for that! I'v...)
I haven't done it yet either - but it sure does sound like a good thing!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Grilled Romaine by cjs (I haven't done it ye...)
I just wanted to say that I've done this, too! I sliced and did the EVOO and salt over the cut surface. Once it was nicly caramalized I served it with blue cheese and crumbled bacon on top with a little more EVOO. It is really nice! Give it a try.
  Re: Re: Grilled Romaine by dollop (I just wanted to say...)
It would be REALLY GREAT to have a nice Romaine product here----you guys are soooo lucky!!!!

JUST YOU WAIT----as hubby says!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Grilled Romaine by DFen911 (Thanks for that! I'v...)
I was grilling some chix. breast, onions, and zucchini along with the romaine. I just finished off the last bite for lunch today! Yum! Oh, I'll have to try the blue cheese/bacon combo. That sounds excellent! I can see the heat from the lettuce kind of melting that blue cheese.....I've got more romaine in the fridge!
  Re: Re: Grilled Romaine by dollop (I just wanted to say...)
Oh..my, dollop hit the nail on the head!! Grill that romaine and top with crumbled blue cheese and bacon! It's a winner.... And on my addiction list now! LOL
  Re: Re: Grilled Romaine by Bizymomma (Oh..my, dollop hit t...)
Are you all doing this on an outdoor grill? Or using an indoor grill pan?
  Re: Re: Grilled Romaine by DFen911 (Are you all doing th...)
I have done mine on the grill outside...and it is loverly!
  Re: Re: Grilled Romaine by dollop (I have done mine on ...)
I grill mine outside also. It's a nice twist on the classic Caesar.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.