Saturday Evening Supper
  Re: (...)
Each time my lil sis comes down and I ask what she wants to eat, it's "Chicken Marsala." She's coming down Friday after work and said the same thing. I suggested we have the Mushroom Pork Marsala with Buttered Fettuccine and the Sauteed Spinach from the Weeknight Menus, so that's what it'll be...anyone want to join me? I know the Sauteed Spinach is very tasty since I've made it before. Thanks to Jean, I'll even make some Frizzled Prosciutto.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Saturday Evening Supper by bjcotton (Each time my lil sis...)
That sure sounds good!! And, will you brine your pork??? You always make dessert, what will it be this time?

Since no one else is coming to the plate, so to speak, and choosing a dinner menu for the week of June 26th, I think I will join you in this choice. (Unless someone chooses something fast... )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday Evening Supper by cjs (That sure sounds goo...)
Oaky---I'm in too!!! That will be a nice break from the fare that I'm presently eating--looks good. Now if I don't muck up the chops---not one of my best items to get right---meaning overdone to the leather stage.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Saturday Evening Supper by Roxanne 21 (Oaky---I'm in too!!!...)
"meaning overdone to the leather stage." - and MS Roxanne, do you brine, asks the queen of brining???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday Evening Supper by Roxanne 21 (Oaky---I'm in too!!!...)
If I get my appetite and tastebuds back by Saturday, I'm in also!!! I have tons of spinach in the garden.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Saturday Evening Supper by Lorraine (If I get my appetite...)
Lorraine!!! I've missed you - are you feeling any better???
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday Evening Supper by cjs ("meaning overdone to...)
DUHHH!!!! I've done it once or twice--noticed your suggestion to Billy and will do it for this---what is the mixture you use?? :question: AND---do you really think that this process makes that much of a difference--if so, why please?
  Re: Re: Saturday Evening Supper by Lorraine (If I get my appetite...)
PLEASE feel better REAL soon---missing your posts as well.

Sending TLC over the lines!!
  Re: Re: Saturday Evening Supper by Roxanne 21 (DUHHH!!!! I've done...)
this is my everyday brining solution - to every qt. of cold water, I add 1/4 cup kosher salt, 2 T. each brown sugar and granulated sugar. Swish around till all dissolved and submerge your meat product. (I don't start with hot water to dissolve, I think it's just a waste of time - especially waiting for it to cool.)Chops, chix pieces, etc. I brine for approx. 6 hours. Whole chickens, pork roasts, etc. I brine overnight. Rinse very well, pat dry and proceed with your dish.

Does it make a difference?? Oh my yes, imo. Pork is being raised so much leaner these days that we're missing the juiciness, tenderness. The brining breaks this down and just make a better product.

Chicken breasts, especially, being purchased skinless, boneless, yadda, yadda, can be so dry!!

Yeah, I think brining makes all the difference in the world. The only time I don't brine is when I'm doing a stir fry - teeny pieces are teeny tender...
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday Evening Supper by cjs (this is my everyday ...)
I agree with Jean about the brining. I had dispared of ever getting a moist chop until I began brining. I will slice some nice thick chops from a pork loin roast I have. Marilee called after I had posted and wanted some tomato concasse also.

Jean, the dessert will be vanilla pudding with sliced bananas, chopped pineapple, and vanilla wafers. Also as requested. I have to admit here, that I use the Jello instant pudding. It's one thing our mom used to make that she didn't cook to death.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy