New critiques.....
  Re: (...)
Hello foodies!
Night before last, I grilled up a bunch of chicken breasts before they went bad....this was the night I grilled the romaine...LOL. I had about 4 left and decided to try a couple of the recipes in the current issue just to use them up.

I decided to fix the Sensational Summer Pasta and the Thai Curry Chicken Salad Wraps. They were totally opposite recipes, however, they both included some of the same ingredients, so....what the heck! (similiar ingredients were: plain yogurt, fresh spinach, honey)..I don't usually keep plain yogurt, thought this would be a good way to use the whole carton!

First off, the Sensational Summer Pasta. Very light, fresh....lots of fresh herbs in there. I did have to add some salt to my plate..could be my sodium addiction. And I added some chopped chix. breast as suggested in the paragraph. I served it luke warm..almost room temp. Great summer dish! It was 96 degrees here today, so it was actually kind of refreshing. Leftovers are in the fridge...I'll let you know how it tastes tomorrow!

Next is the Thai Curry Chicken Salad Wraps.
Combo of flavors was very Thai...good. Not too heavy. A little spicy for the kids. I used the recipes recommended amount of red curry paste, but it was still pretty spicy. (heartburn later...LOL)
Now, I don't know what exactly happened with the recipe, but when I got ready to roll them up, the sauce became really juicy... it carried over into the toasting process and well, they were drippy. It didn't keep us from eating them, cause they did taste good, but I ended up opening my tortilla and just eating the filling with a fork. DH ate 1 and a half. He really liked the way they tasted. I was just disappointed that we couldn't just pick them up and chow down. The only thing I can think of is that I either didn't wilt the spinach long enough, or that I wilted it too much. My first thought was just to put it on there raw next time.... ideas?

Overall, we like wraps, so I'll probably do these again. The pasta salad is refreshing, so I would be inclined to fix it for parties, reunions...etc.
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: New critiques..... by Bizymomma (Hello foodies! [img]...)
The Summer Salad had me at Feta - love that cheese!! Glad to hear it's a keeper, it is on my (mental) list to make!

Between the mayo, yogurt, honey,lime & pineapple, I can see where it might become a little 'drippy' - especially if there was water on the spinach while it was wilting. Hmmm, I think I'd go with your suggestion of using the spinach fresh and not wilt at all. I made so many wraps for catering I thot it would be a long time before I wanted to make them for us, but these sure drew me in....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com