Windows Crab Cakes!!!
  Re: (...)
here you go Bill - but let me say first, you have now created a problem for me...how can I let any of these darn magazines go, now that I was successful in your quest??

Windows Crab Cakes
B.A. 7/93
Makes 6

Crab cakes are one of Baltimore’s most famous dishes. This version is from Guy Reinbold, chef at Windows restaurant in the Stouffer Harborplace hotel.

3/4 c fresh white breadcrumbs
1 medium egg, beaten to blend
1 1/2 T. chopped fresh parsley
1 T. mayonnaise
1 1/2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
1/2 lb. crabmeat
2 T. (1/4 stick) butter
Lemon wedges

Mix breadcrumbs & egg in medium bowl.
Add chopped parsley, mayo, worcestershire sauce & seasoning.
Stir to combine.
Mix in crabmeat. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
Form crab mixture into six 1/3-inch-thick patties. (Can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Cover & refrigerate.)

Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
Add patties & cook till golden brown, about 4 minutes per side.
Transfer to plates and serve with lemon wedges.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Windows Crab Cakes!!! by cjs (here you go Bill - b...)
Thanks for recipe, Jean. Those little babies look yummy--maybe I will change my mind about Saturday-----OOPS, Billy isn't a fan of seafood---back to the chops. Crab cakes another time. BTW---the ones in the C@H are great too!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
I will buy you pearls!!!! Thanks so much. Regards, Bill
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Windows Crab Cakes!!! by Old Bay (I will buy you pearl...)
I'll take a dinner when next we head for Texas!!! I'm so glad I was able to find it for you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Windows Crab Cakes!!! by cjs (I'll take a dinner w...)
I think you should DEMAND Mother-of-pearls---three tier necklace for your cute little black dress dinner party!!!!

You're in trouble, Billy!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Windows Crab Cakes!!! by Roxanne 21 (I think you should D...)
I am a fan of seafood, it's my sister Fredia and BIL I have trouble with. I just don't eat fish. That's a story I'll save for another time.

With my oldest sis, Carol, gallivanting around it's difficult for me to get Dungeness crab without buying them. She usually keeps me supplied with crab, clams, venison and elk.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Windows Crab Cakes!!! by cjs (I'll take a dinner w...)
Just give me a little notice and we will take care of you!!!! By the way, I have most issues of BA from 1980 forward and some 78-79. Let me know if I can look up something for you.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
Well these just look yummy.

But I think the rule is...if you post something yummy you have to make enough for everyone! Fedex can get them to us the next day.
  Re: Re: Windows Crab Cakes!!! by DFen911 (Well these just look...)
"But I think the rule is" - now that's a fun rule!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Windows Crab Cakes!!! by DFen911 (Well these just look...)
Thanks, Jean, love crabcakes!! Billy, we went to Henry's when I was in Maryland, and bought their tinned crab. Great stuff, they sell lump, jumbo and claw. I can even get it here in TO. They gave me some of their own seasoning, so I've been using that rather than Old Bay.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.