Letter To The Editor
  Re: (...)
I sent John Meyer, the editor of CAH, an email the other day in regards to his editorial in the Aug Issue. I received a very nice reply from him this morning. I hope you all feel free to email him and let him know how you feel about the magazine, forums and anything else.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Letter To The Editor by bjcotton (I sent John Meyer, t...)
Please share if you are so inclined--and not shy--
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Letter To The Editor by Roxanne 21 (Please share if you ...)
I'm not shy Sweetie, but I delete emails as I read them, so it's gone. I'll paraphrase what he said.

Thanks, I loved your letter. Are you a professional chef or are you one of those unfortunate people that love to cook and their friends take advantage of? Isn't it funny how many people do not understand the fascination of cooking.

That's not exactly it, but it is the gist of it. He didn't say unfortunate, but I can't remember the exact wording.

Billy
  Re: Re: Letter To The Editor by bjcotton (I'm not shy Sweetie,...)
Thats nice Billy, what was the content of the ed. and what were your comments? I don't get the mag. so will not see, y'see.
  Re: Re: Letter To The Editor by vannin (Thats nice Billy, wh...)
Here is his editorial Dale:

Cuisine at home
Editor’s letter

Socially speaking, I’m pretty lucky. I have plenty of friends who often invite me over for dinner—in spite of the somewhat intimidating fact that I’m an editor of a cooking magazine. A few folks are apprehensive about having me over (“I’m embarrassed to cook for a food editor”), but the fact is, I’d be thrilled with a good burger. Others feel the need to pull off an over-the-top meal, complete with multiple courses and complex sauces. They think we editor-types eat this way all the time (we don’t, thank goodness). But the most common invitation I get is, “How about coming over and cooking dinner with me.”

While I appreciate any dinner invitation, the real thrill isn’t the food, but the theater of a home kitchen. I love seeing people’s enthusiasm, passion, and excitement for cooking. I love their curiosity and desire to learn new things. But there is, almost without exception, one disappointment: what some people are willing to settle for in terms of kitchen equipment. What’s with the dull knives, glass cutting board, and thin metal frying pan? Maybe they don’t know how much more rewarding cooking is with just three simple possessions: a sharp knife, a good cutting board for that knife, and one high-end sauté pan.

Now, I know all this stuff is expensive, and I’m not suggesting you take out a second mortgage to outfit your kitchen. But there are good reasons to invest in a few quality basics. For one thing, a well-made, sharp knife not only makes cooking easier, but safer—yes, safer. With it, slicing and dicing is more controlled, and you don’t have to use unnecessary force, which can cause accidents. Second, a good cutting board (wood or plastic) is gentle on a knife’s sharp edge. And finally, a cladded sauté pan heats and cooks food evenly, browns things well, and is versatile to boot.

So reevaluate your basics. Whether you’re making a six-course meal or a plate of good burgers, you’ll find cooking more rewarding with a few good tools.

John

Billy
  Re: Re: Letter To The Editor by bjcotton (Here is his editoria...)
I am thinking this man is right up my alley. Few but fantastic, what a superior maxim. And far more economic in the long run.
  Re: Re: Letter To The Editor by vannin (I am thinking this m...)
Ditto on that , Dale. Sounds like a great guy! Maybe we can get him to cook along with us sometime!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Letter To The Editor by Lorraine (Ditto on that , Dale...)
Now That would be a plan Lorraine, what a great (un)advertisement.