4th of July Deviled Eggs
  Re: (...)
We lost our 12 year old Scottish Terrior last year. He loved these eggs as much as I do. We could never figure out how he could open the refrigerator door with his paws, get inside and steal eggs leaving no trace. Even though he is gone it still happens-- they just vanish--so don't make them too far ahead of time--they may not make it till the 4th. No matter your nationality try them at your own celebration.

12 Hard boiled eggs peeled and halved
1/3 C mayo
1 t Dijon mustard
1/4 cup, drained and finely minced oil packed sun dried tom.
2 T finely minced pickled jalapeno peppers
4 green onions, minced
6 Kalamata olives, pitted, finely chopped

Remove yolks from eggs and place yolks in a medium bowl and blend in mayo & mustard. Stir in all remaining ingredients. Put mixture in a pastry bag with a large tip and pipe into the egg whites--may need more mayo if the eggs are very large. Of course you can just fill with a spoon if you don't pipe. Refrigerate--will keep several days if they don't vanish.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: 4th of July Deviled Eggs by Old Bay (We lost our 12 year ...)
Sounds really good! What a great idea to start a thread like this for the 4th!!

Here's my contribution -

CRAB-FILLED DEVILED EGGS

Recipe By :a Chef's Journey
Serving Size : 24

24 large eggs, hard-cooked, peeled & halved
apprx. 1/2 cup mayonnaise
4 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
3 tablespoons minced shallot
6 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
24 ounces crabmeat
Fresh Tarragon sprigs - garnish

Set aside half the yolks (for another use)
Place yolks from 1/2 the eggs in bowl and mash.
Mix in mayo, tarragon, shallots, lemon juice, cayenne & hot pepper sauce.

Mix in crab. Season w/s & P

Can be prepared 4 hours ahead.
----
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: 4th of July Deviled Eggs by cjs (Sounds really good! ...)
They both sound so good! I have nothing to offer in this department. We make plain old deviled eggs in my family...sometimes with mustard, sometimes with horseradish, but that's as exciting as it gets. Although, my brother made a yummy pesto version that almost nobody would eat because it was green. Big chickens...
Tammy
  Re: Re: 4th of July Deviled Eggs by cjs (Sounds really good! ...)
I really like the sound of the tarragon/crab combo!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: 4th of July Deviled Eggs by Old Bay (I really like the so...)
We have very close friends from Northern India. Their eldest son chose to be a veggie when he was 9 years. he laughs at the way I play around with eggs. He is not a vegan. Eggs are so pretty when they have their pretty dresses on. It is nice to serve a whole egg, stuffed, as you say, then adhered to each other. Got right it produces a lovely little rim, which I roll in parcell and chives. Creamy curry sauce, mixed so lightly with unadorned halves are nice to. Vunch likes that, which is happiness for me.
  Re: Re: 4th of July Deviled Eggs by vannin (We have very close f...)
I am sorry your little dog is longer with you. Sad. They were bred from Affenpinchers centuries ago. Also called mustachioed devils in France.

And an edit to say you should be looking for 6 foot mice, we have them in our house too.