REV - Fresh Corn Flan with Spicy Shrimp
  Re: (...)
The jury is still out on this one. While my husband loves flan (with the caramel topping) he wasn't too keen on the texture of the flan with the shrimp. I liked the flan. The flavor is mild so it does not interfer with the flavor of the spices on the shrimp. I was a bit turned off by the texture as provided by the fresh corn. Again it must be the way I'm pulsing it. I might not being doing it enough, but to me flan should be very smooth and creamy, not even slightly lumpy.

The seasonings make a flavor was like a jamican jerk flavor. Spicy yet sweet but not over powering. I used fresh water shrimp since my store had them in fresh.

I actually think this shrimp would be better served over jasmine rice. The shrimp is on our "Let's repeat this" but I don't think the flan will make it.

Here's a link to what I ended up with.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/K...9266aa.jpg
  Re: REV - Fresh Corn Flan with Spicy Shrimp by DFen911 (The jury is still ou...)
DFen911, I try to keep an open mind on recipes, but I must admit that I "scratched my head" when I read this one. I will try it but at the present it is on the back burner for me.

I would rather try the shrimp on fried polenta or grit cakes. (The texture of the flan is the problem for me as well.)
  Re: Re: REV - Fresh Corn Flan with Spicy Shrimp by dollop (DFen911, I try to ke...)
Which issue was this in please, pray tell?
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: REV - Fresh Corn Flan with Spicy Shrimp by Roxanne 21 (Which issue was this...)
I'm sorry that was rude of me. The latest August issue.
  Re: Re: REV - Fresh Corn Flan with Spicy Shrimp by DFen911 (I'm sorry that was r...)
NOT rude-----I just become rather angry when I don't know what everybody is discussing!!! WAHHHHH!!!! Won't get that issue for a couple of months!!

BTW---those shrimp look really awesome---YUMMMM---
  Re: Re: REV - Fresh Corn Flan with Spicy Shrimp by Roxanne 21 (NOT rude-----I just ...)
Why must you wait so long? It's in stores now.
  Re: Re: REV - Fresh Corn Flan with Spicy Shrimp by DFen911 (Why must you wait so...)
Check out where Roxanne lives
  Re: Re: REV - Fresh Corn Flan with Spicy Shrimp by semmens (Check out where Roxa...)
Gads....doh!!

Sorry Roxanne I wonder if when the Members Plus site opens that might not be the way to go because the put the recipes for the current issue on that site. At least you wouldn't have to wait so long.
  Re: Re: REV - Fresh Corn Flan with Spicy Shrimp by DFen911 (Why must you wait so...)
NOT in Cape Town, South Africa!!! They have never heard of the magazine---can you believe??? Just don't know what they are missing---and I ain't saying anything either!!
  Re: Re: REV - Fresh Corn Flan with Spicy Shrimp by DFen911 (Gads....doh!![br][br...)
OOPS!!! Replied before I read all of the posts---DUH!!!

Can't wait for the members plus to be available--but in the meantime I wait with anticipation to receive my issue so's I can try the recipes already reviewed---there is always an upside to the downside--tee-hee!! Rave reviews = try first!!!