Grocery Shopping
  Re: (...)
The cupboards are bare after being gone a week camping. We'll be going grocery shopping. Is it just me, or do you all find the shopping and planning almost as much fun as the cooking?
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Grocery Shopping by farnfam (The cupboards are ba...)
I love the shopping....browsing as it may, but hate bringing in the groceries!! UGGHHHH!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Grocery Shopping by farnfam (The cupboards are ba...)
I have to say that I like the planning part much better than I like the actual shopping. Because I still have little ones I don't get to try as many things as I would like. I am trying to expand their palates past mac and cheese and chicken nuggets though!

I like to have my groceries delivered to my house. It saves time for me and once I have the menu planned for the next week and a half, it's fairly easy to sit in my kitchen with a mug of tea and type in to my computer what I'd like. There are some things that I like to choose my self though (fresh herbs, produce). But I do get quite a bit of satisfaction from planning out the menus and having what I need on hand!
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]
  Re: Re: Grocery Shopping by mlucas1 (I have to say that I...)
I enjoy shopping too! On occasion the grocer isn't happy to see me coming, especially is the produce is below standard. I don't mind at all in letting the management know about the quality of their products either.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Grocery Shopping by bjcotton (I enjoy shopping too...)
Quite right Billy, Monday mornings were a tense time for the butcher if the pork roast had not been up to par on Sunday night, she (Nanna) always took it back. She was a very quiet woman, but very firm.

I too love grocery shopping. I adore it. I think there is something primal about it, the hunter gatherer thing. I have always 'kept a bit on hand' and love a well stocked pantry. It is my 'just in case' obsession going on. All our houses have had, or we have made very large pantries. The one we have at the moment is commercial, so is a room with fitted shelves.
  Re: Re: Grocery Shopping by vannin (Quite right Billy, ...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Oh Steve, I miss that. I was stationed in Rota, Spain and used to really enjoy shopping in the little stores. Fresh bread, fresh milk, produce, cheeses, etc. I seldom shopped on base, it was just too much fun visiting the little shops and getting to know the Spanish people. I didn't live in the section where all the Americans lived, but in the middle of Old Town with all the Spaniards. Loved it!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Grocery Shopping by bjcotton (Oh Steve, I miss tha...)
I do enjoy the shopping but hate to bring it all home and put it away.

I have to agree with Steve though, because when we were in Rome I was gah gah over seeing real butchers, bakeries and just salvating over what I could do with good quality/fresh ingredients.

I'm not sure over how keen I would be though having to hit the store every 2-3 days...oh what am I saying I feel like I do that now A house full of food and yet I see a new recipe that sends me off to grab some addition ingredients.

Hubby get so mad because he asks "where ya going?" And I reply.."Oh just need to get some milk and eggs..." and I come with a $80 grocery bill. Hehehe
  Re: Re: Grocery Shopping by DFen911 (I do enjoy the shopp...)
I agree with that. I always prefer to pay cash for the groceries, but I have learned to stick a credit card in my purse just in case. I start off with a list, but when I am in the market I suddenly "remember" lots of things that I forgot. Oh Well
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Oh yes, Steve and Bj, Mercados are the best! We visit Mexico when we can, and the mercado is the coolest place. Bustling with color and wonderful smells. The very freshest of everything, tho the US type cleanliness statues are nowhere to be found LOL
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life