Begging for an ice storm
  Re: (...)
Today topped the temp of yesterday. It was 106F 40.1C today. It has now dropped to 99F/37.2C. How miserable can it get? Don't answer that
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Begging for an ice storm by bjcotton (Today topped the tem...)
You will be alright here Billy, it seldom gets to 30 in the summer here in the summer.
  Re: Re: Begging for an ice storm by vannin (You will be alright ...)
OOPS.
  Re: Re: Begging for an ice storm by vannin (OOPS....)
117 yesterday for me and with the humidity index it "felt" like 121.

Heavens! I don't even live in the desert. But I did find out what those gray spots are on the sidewalk. All this time everyone probably thought they were caused by old gum...not true!! Those are the remains of humans who spontaneous combusted right where they stood.

It's suppose to be 108 here tomorrow. ** starts the chant for the ice storm **
  Re: Re: Begging for an ice storm by DFen911 (117 yesterday for me...)
111 around here! Geeze. We're trying to finish up the move from house to boat -- putting the last stuff in storage, gads the storage unit was like a freakin' oven. We've got a breeze tonight -- hopefully it'll cool it off!

Of course the ice company didn't deliver ice this weekend so all of the boaters and campers had to do without. They said the ice machine wasn't working. Tomorrow they're going to hear about it. Thankfully we've got our own ice maker.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Begging for an ice storm by Harborwitch (111 around here! Ge...)
Even our little spot in the world is having a heat wave!! High 80s - I know, but for up here, that's hot. Thank God my body is still aclimated (sp?) to Sacto weather!

Altho, we have been sleeping downstairs where the temp runs about mid-60s - naturally.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Begging for an ice storm by cjs (Even our little spot...)
Y'all MUST come and visit---we are in the 60s here with high winds and very overcast with major occasional rain---YIPPEEE for the dams!!! Snow in the mountain areas last night---VERY unusal here to say the least but the kiddies have had a great time---will probably never see snow again!!

I hear the northeast is cooling down somwhat so maybe you will have a respite soon!!! THINK ice cubes!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Begging for an ice storm by bjcotton (Today topped the tem...)
Feel sorry for you guys up north. I don't think we could deal with that much heat. Down here in Florida it is always a cool 90 - 93 every day all summer.