Oooohhh Doggie!!! Sharp knives!
  Re: (...)
Got my knife sharpener today (Many hugs to Billy!) It works great and I spent 20 minutes after opening the package, sharpening my knives. I'm kinda OCD like that. Once I get something new, I have to use it right away....
I got online and ordered one for my dad for christmas already!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Oooohhh Doggie!!! Sharp knives! by Bizymomma (Got my knife sharpen...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Steve,
The sharpener that I bought was one that Billy suggested. The Edgemaker. $15. He's been using them for years and swears by them! It seems to work fantastic! Thanks for the warning tho!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
". More people are hurt by using a dull knife than a sharp one. "

IMO, that ought to be posted on every kitchen wall in the world!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Oooohhh Doggie!!! Sharp knives! by cjs (". More people are h...)
Steve is quite right about some knife sharpeners. One of my brothers uses one called Accusharp and he gave me one. I only used it twice before I noticed the shavings from my knife blade. He likes it, and that is fine, but I won't use it. It went in the "get rid of" box.

Angela, people don't want to get between me and my sharpener I bought a Betty Crocker Tungsten Super Sharp today for $2, a Koch Messer Stainless . Rostfrei . Inox knife for $2, a gallon pitcher for brine in for $.50 and one of those thingies that are in a stand, are cone shaped and have a wooden thingy you roll around to press the food through the holes...can't remember what it's called right now, for $5..all at our local second hand store. I didn't really pay for them, she had sold some stuff I left there on consignment works for me!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Oooohhh Doggie!!! Sharp knives! by bjcotton (Steve is quite right...)
I really don't know why I'm weighing in here on this one, except to suggest that if you (collectively or the royal 'you'... ) could take the time to learn the method of sharpening your knives with a stone and keep the edge with a steel, imo, it's the best way.

I keep my steel with my knives and I probably use it every day - at least a couple of swishes as I'm getting ready to use them.

It takes a little practice, but it's certainly worth it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com