Escargot - Just Wingin' It!!
  Re: (...)
This is from an old friend - "Here's one I did this week (kind of) (I'm winging the recipe)"

Escargot - miahoyhoy

32 escargot
12 brussel sprouts
2 tablespoons shallots -- minced
1 tablespoon garlic -- minced
1/2 cup chablis
8 tablespoons butter -- chopped
to taste salt and pepper
2 tablespoons sliced tomato

Under running cool water clean the snails.

Cut the brussel sprouts in half and remove the core.

Then separate the leaves.

Add a touch of oil to a large saute pan over medium high heat.

Add the brussel sprout leaves and toss.

After 45 seconds or so add the snails, shallots and garlic.

Season with some salt and add the wine.

Return to heat then add butter and pepper.

Stir some to help the butter melt.

Adjust the seasoning.

Spoon into bowls and garnish with the tomato.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NOTES : The sliced tomato is the the skin with the pith and meat removed. I also like to tro in a sprig or two of thyme or rosemary for a little extra somfin somfin!
-----

This is such a fun dish to play with - Jon is a wonderful chef!(not much of a speller, but oh, can he cook)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Escargot - Just Wingin' It!! by cjs (This is from an old ...)
Sorry Jean---can't relate to this one BUT if you would like some garden FRESH "escargots" I will contact FedEx for overnight delivery---
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Escargot - Just Wingin' It!! by Roxanne 21 (Sorry Jean---can't r...)
How kind...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Escargot - Just Wingin' It!! by cjs (How kind... [img]/ub...)
I tried them years ago, in a lovely little restaurant up in Arnold. They were in a creamy garlic sauce over toast points. It was tasty - but the texture was not anything I'd want to eat again. I'd probably try them again, if someone I knew cooked them properly - but otherwise uhuh.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Escargot - Just Wingin' It!! by Harborwitch (I tried them years a...)
My favorite way to eat them: I take my ceramic escargot plate, put a stemmed mushroom cap in each hole. Put 1-2 snails in mushroom cap(depending on how big they are).

Bring stick of butter to room temp and mix well with handful of fresh chopped parsley. Slather a heaping spoonful of the "snail butter" over each one and bake until bubbly.

If I use my escargot shells, I stuff that little sucker up as far as I can then load it with that butter...cooked the same way!

Serve with a great, crusty french baguette to soak up all that extra snail butter!

Now I'm hungry!!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Escargot - Just Wingin' It!! by Bizymomma (My favorite way to e...)
Angela!!! no garlic??? That's sacrilege - God made garlic to go with escargot!!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Escargot - Just Wingin' It!! by cjs (Angela!!! no garlic?...)
OMG!!!! Yes, LOTS of garlic! That's what I get for trying to cook and post at the same time!!!! LOL
Loving every moment of my life!!