My First BBQ'd Chicken
  Re: (...)
I've had my gas grill for about 3 years now and on occasion I would throw something on there and either burn it or it would be burned on the outside/raw on the inside. My little sis bought me the Weber's Real Grilling cookbook and after reading it, I thought "I can do that!" I cooked a "London Broil" [don't know what cut of meat it really was] and it turned out fairly good. Yesterday I grilled my first whole chicken [Beer Butt Chicken] and here are a couple of pictures of it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/b...cken-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/b...cken-1.jpg
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: My First BBQ'd Chicken by bjcotton (I've had my gas gril...)
Yawza!!! Looking good, Billy. I told you you'd have fun!!!! And you're not heating up the kitchen!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
It looks wonderful, Billy. How'd it taste?
Tammy
Great job!! I bet it tasted as good as it looks! You did fine work there. Start grilling your vegies to go along with your meal now. You're set to go. I like that Weber grill book and their web-site. http://www.weber.com/bbq/
  Re: Re: My First BBQ'd Chicken by dollop ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
That is one of my favorite ways to cook chicken. Although don't use a coors light can..they are too flimsy. I use a can from chicken stock and put the beer and herbs in that.

The skin on yours looks fantastic! What did you serve with it? I bet you start using the BBQ a lot more now
  Re: Re: My First BBQ'd Chicken by DFen911 (That is one of my fa...)
Looks fantastic Billy. Congratulations to you.
  Re: Re: My First BBQ'd Chicken by vannin (Looks fantastic Bill...)
I served baked mashed potatoes and milk gravy, meatloaf, creamed corn and a mixture of steamed carrots, brussels sprouts, cauliflower and broccoli. The chicken was a little dry, but not bad for a first effort [I got distracted and forgot it ].
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: My First BBQ'd Chicken by bjcotton (I served baked mashe...)
You are officially now a 'griller'!! Looks good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I was scrolling through some of the old posts, and came across this one. We love beer-butt chicken. I heard the recipe on the radio a couple of years ago. However, we have also devised names for the chicken depending upon the beer used. For example: for imported beer we call it Heine-Heine chicken; for domestic we have Bud-butt and my personal favorite - rollin colon chicken. LOL
  Re: Re: My First BBQ'd Chicken by lxxf (I was scrolling thro...)
"Bud-butt" - and that would be my choice of butt-chicken...thank you very much!!

speaking of looking at old posts - how great is that? We are really getting an archive in place, aren't we?? I know the sites been around quite a while, but it really did take off this spring, didn't it??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com