Yummmy Steamed Mussels
  Re: (...)
Denise,
I know that there have been a couple of recipes posted for mussels. But here is how I fixed mine last night and they were great!

2# mussels
2 TBSP. olive oil
1 shallot, minced
2 garlic cloves, shaved....I used about 5 LOL
4 sprigs fresh thyme
1/2 c. dry white wine
1 lemon, juiced
1 c. chicken broth
pinch of red pepper flakes
1/2 c. chopped fresh parsley
3 TBSP. butter
1# linguine cooked

Rinse the mussels under cold water while scrubbing w/ vegetable brush. Discard any with broken shells. Heat oil in a large skillet or dutch oven. Saute the shallot, garlic, and thyme to create a base flavor. Add the mussels and give them a good toss. Add wine, lemon juice, chicken broth and red pepper flakes; cover the pot and steam over medium-high heat for 5 minutes until the mussels open. Toss in parsley and butter, recover the pot and steam for another minute to soften the parsley.

Toss together linguine and mussels in large bowl.
Serve with grilled garlic bread to help sop up that broth!! YUMMM.....
You can also add a chopped tomato when you add the parsley. I chose to save mine to put on the grilled bread with a slab of fresh mozz. and basil leaves!

By the way.......I can't get fresh mussels here, but Walmart carries a bag of frozen-fresh mussels. They are vacuum packed. Works great and still tastes very good!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Yummmy Steamed Mussels by Bizymomma (Denise,[br]I know th...)
One of my favorite food groups!!! Great way to fix them also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Yummmy Steamed Mussels by cjs (One of my favorite f...)
I forgot to mention that I sprinkled a generous handful of grated parm over the top!
  Re: Re: Yummmy Steamed Mussels by Bizymomma (I forgot to mention ...)
Ok I'm thinking you all just need to send me a plane ticket and invite me over for dinner
  Re: Re: Yummmy Steamed Mussels by DFen911 (Ok I'm thinking you ...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Steve...did I add too much?
  Re: Re: Yummmy Steamed Mussels by Bizymomma (Steve...did I add to...)
Don't worry Angela, you sure didn't add to many ingredients!!

Cooking professionally and cooking at home are two different worlds!! I've often adapted 'work' dishes for home and vice versa.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com