Cappuccino Mousse
  Re: (...)
I am planning on making the Cappuccino Mousse (Issue 58 8/06) for out-of-town guests and I would like to make it ahead. Does anybody know if I can freeze it?
Shirley
  Re: Cappuccino Mousse by smschwag (I am planning on mak...)
I just looked at the recipe and I don't see anything that wouldn't freeze well in the ingredients - as long as it's wrapped really well!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cappuccino Mousse by cjs (I just looked at the...)
That's what I thought too. I just thought I better check with others who might know. Thanks for your opinion.
Shirley
  Re: Re: Cappuccino Mousse by smschwag (That's what I though...)
For the sake of the "patience challenged" among us (like me) could you please mention where to find that one. Sounds very yum, how'd I miss that?
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Cappuccino Mousse by farnfam (For the sake of the ...)
here you go -

Cappuccino Mousse
(Cuisine at home, August 2006, Issue 58, p. 28-29)
Makes: 3 Cups (Six 4-oz. Portions) Total Time: 30 Minutes + Chilling

For the Mousse Base—
Bloom in 2 T. Cold Water:
1 t. powdered gelatin

Beat:
2 eggs
3 T. sugar
1 T. water
Pinch of salt

For the Coffee Syrup—
Stir Together:
3 T. instant coffee
2 T. coffee liqueur, optional (coffee may be substituted)

For the Whipped Cream—
Melt:
Bloomed gelatin

Beat; Fold with:
1 cup heavy cream
2 T. sugar
1 t. vanilla extract
Cooled melted gelatin
Coffee syrup
Egg mixture

Garnish with:
Additional whipped cream
Chocolate shavings

Bloom (soften) the gelatin for the base in 2 T. water for about 5 minutes (the granules will absorb the water and turn rubbery). Bring 1" of water to a simmer in a saucepan.

Beat the eggs, 3 T. sugar, water, and salt in a glass bowl set over (but not touching) the simmering water. Using a hand mixer or balloon whisk, beat the mixture until it triples in volume and forms ribbons, 5–7 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.

Stir coffee and liqueur together for the syrup in a small bowl.

Melt gelatin in a pan of simmering water until liquefied; cool slightly.

Beat the cream, 2 T. sugar, vanilla, gelatin, and coffee syrup to soft peaks in a large bowl. Stir 1/3 of the cream into the mousse base to lighten; fold in remaining cream in 2 parts (don't overwork it,a few streaks are okay). Divide mousse between serving cups, cover, and chill at least 1 hour or overnight.

Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate before serving.
--------

Does sound yummy, doesn't it??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cappuccino Mousse by cjs (here you go - [br][b...)
Thanks CJ,
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Cappuccino Mousse by farnfam (Thanks CJ, [img]/ubb...)
Sorry I didn't get back here to help you find it. If you get to try it before I do, please give review. I will do the same.
Thanks
Shirley in Cincy
Shirley
  Re: Re: Cappuccino Mousse by smschwag (Sorry I didn't get b...)
I made the Mousse yesterday. It made more than I needed for my guests so we got to sample it. Yummy! Especially if you are a coffee lover. Great mousse texture too. I froze the ones for our guests. I'll let you know how that works.

Shirley
  Re: Re: Cappuccino Mousse by smschwag (I made the Mousse ye...)
I made these today for our dinner's end. YUMMM!!! and so very easy---they came together beautifully and, believe it or not, this was the first time I have used gelatin---piece of cake!!! Very smooth and tasty---I might add a bit more of the Kahlua next time--just a tad!!

Would love to know how they freeze, Shirley.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Cappuccino Mousse by Roxanne 21 (I made these today f...)
I will be using the frozen ones on Sunday evening. I'll let you know.

Shirley