Do many of you subscribe to Cuisine at Home?
  Re: (...)
I just found out about this magazine (a friend made a drink called peach melbas from a recent issue and I knew that I just had to check out this website!) And I'm intrigued. I love to cook, and entertain (though on an irregular basis since I tend to obsess about it a lot) and this magazine looks like it has some great recipes and ideas.

Now, do you all subscribe, or do you just go to this website for recipes and info? And how much do you pay for a subscription?
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Do many of you subscribe to Cuisine at Home? by foodfiend (I just found out abo...)
This is one of the best ones. Fine Cooking is also good along with Bon Appetit. Saveur has excellent articles. Food & Wine and Gourmet bring up the rear. I'm a fanatic though , I subscribe to all of them and have most of BA back to 1980. I have all the Cuisine issues from the beginning and agree with Roxanne.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Do many of you subscribe to Cuisine at Home? by foodfiend (I just found out abo...)
I subscribe and pay the cover price plus a foreign postage (don't ask what I pay--can't recall but worth it). I also ordered all of the back issues in the bound sets a few years ago. I received an initial copy in a care package from my Mom and there has been no turning back. Almost all of the recipes I have chosen have been great--a few duds but not many. You will readily choose recipes according to your taste (no pun intended) and make adjustments accordingly. You will not be sorry to make this investment---you can also purchase binders for your loose magazines to keep them in one place and in order. That's what I have done for the past three years. Worth the extra $$$ for sure!! Only negative I have noted--there is no complete index for all of the recipes and volumes---can be a little daunting to look for something, and tons of recipes can be overlooked but....
You will enjoy receiving the issues---everyone reviews long before I receive--I'm about an issue behind. This last issue I just received this past week---not too much caught my eye---wondering what everybody else thought because y'all
have been fairly quiet on this one?
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
I also subscribe and like Old Bay, I subscribe to way too many publications!!!

I'm sure you'll enjoy the website and the magazine itself. Stick around, I think you'll enjoy yourself!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Do many of you subscribe to Cuisine at Home? by cjs (I also subscribe and...)
I subscribe, I will ALWAYS subscribe! I love this mag so much!!! Oh, and Roxanne, when I renewed my subscription, I got a complete index from 1 to present! You need to call them!!!!!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Do many of you subscribe to Cuisine at Home? by Bizymomma (I subscribe, I will ...)
I subscribe also and to a couple of other magazines, but this is my favorite.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Do many of you subscribe to Cuisine at Home? by Bizymomma (I subscribe, I will ...)
My sentiments exactly, Angela. I am a subscriber and can't imagine ever cancelling. It's my favorite magazine. I can't remember what I pay though...but whatever it is, it's worth it.
Tammy
I have subscribed since issue number 2. I love this magazine. I did not cook much out of the first few years, but loved reading the articles, the product reviews and the readers tips. In the last 3 years or so, I have started cooking from it a lot. many of our favorites have come from cuisine. We really enjoy it.

In September they are starting a members plus web site that will give you access to all the old recipes for a fee - don't know what it is yet. I would never give up my current subscription, I love to sit down with it and read it and read it and read it again. But you sure wouldn't need to invest in prior issues and still have access to all the old recipes! You won't be sorry.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
Nice heads up Angela---CALL THEM!!?!! Not from here!!!
I might try the contact link on their site--been pretty good in the past----that index sure would be appreciated!!

Thanx, Angela.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Do many of you subscribe to Cuisine at Home? by esgunn (I have subscribed si...)
Also, over on the Cuisine Plus site, I've notice very few folks have rated the recipes that have been tried. Everytime I visit I click on one of the categories to rate the ones I've tried. (not much else to do on there-once in a blue moon, there's a post... )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com