Frustration!! Off Topic
  Re: (...)
Hello all. My new range came in last friday. I am so excited and it is still sitting in my Laundry Room! AUGH! My husband is off flying for the Air Force Reserves and was supposed to be home last Wed. Now Monday comes and he is still gone and I don't know what I am more frustrated about - that my Husband is still not home, or he is not home to FIX UP MY NEW RANGE!!!! Just kidding. I am more upset about my husband - by my range comes in a VERY close second!

I think the sun-dried tomato crusted chicken might just be the dish I break my new range in on. Just probably not by the 15th - I'll let you know my reviews as soon as I have them.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Frustration!! Off Topic by esgunn (Hello all. My new ...)
Just a little more patience and all will be fine!! Hang in there cause you are gonna love your new toy. I will be making our dinner tonight--will let you know how user friendly it will be for your initiation menu!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
Oh Erin, how frustrating!! Patience is not my middle name either...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Just curious . . . what does your husband have to do to the range and what kind did you get?
  Re: Re: Frustration!! Off Topic by spyce (Just curious . . . w...)
It will be very easy for him to put in. Probably take about 30 minutes! He needs to unbolt the packing material from the oven (we ordered it and had it shipped). He needs to Move the old one somewhere - not sure where it is going. Wire the electrical cord to the new range, ground it and move it into place. The hardest part will be when he trys to unplug the old one a portion of a new cabinent remodel (done prior to us) is blocking the 220 outlet for the oven! He will probably just need to notch the back of the cabinent...but it will be a slight challenge.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.d...UseBVCookie=Yes

This is a link to my new oven. The model style is the same as my ancient one. I love the style - bigger cook top and two ovens. The new one has a glas top and a convection oven which I have never had before. But mine is down to only 3 working burners and only two of those work on anything other than High. And none of them are even close to true temperature. I would have loved to have gas, but we don't have it here.
Erin
The time is flying by.
Oh, Erin, I know exactly how you feel! I don't remember if I've said this before, but my husband is a pilot in the Air Force. I hate it when he goes on those trips to begin with and then when the plane breaks and he's late coming home....grrrr!!!! Hopefully, they'll get their stuff sorted out and your honey will be home soon...then he can get to work installing that range.
Tammy
  Re: Re: Frustration!! Off Topic by TwilightKitten (Oh, Erin, I know exa...)
Twilight - I knew you were military, but not that he was a pilot. What plane does he fly. Don't they have 130's at McGuire? Steve was active duty and we were based at Dyess. He flew the C-130. Steve flies the C-17 now. We have friends at McGuire - John and Lena Wood. At least I think they are still there. I tend to loose track of them during the year and then at Christmas I find out where everyone transferred to! He is stuck in Charleston right now and they will probably fly home commercial today or tomorrow. I can't wait. The kids really miss their daddy.
Erin
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Frustration!! Off Topic by esgunn (Twilight - I knew yo...)
Nothing worse than having a new toy and not being able to play with it. But, think how much fun it will be once installed!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Frustration!! Off Topic by esgunn (Twilight - I knew yo...)
He flies the KC-10. Don't know about the 130s. Walt thinks your friend was a commander of some sort at McGuire but was transferred. I don't know if it's the same Wood you know though.
Tammy
  Re: Re: Frustration!! Off Topic by TwilightKitten (He flies the KC-10. ...)
Yes, he was squadron commander of one of the squadrons. So that was him. I think I was mistaken about the 130's or it was along time ago.
Erin
The time is flying by.