On line dinner party--Aug 15
  Re: (...)
Okay--nobody is jumping in so that means either nobody followed through or nobody wants to critique or nobody wants to be the first.

Well---I was a bit disappointed in the Sundried Tomato Crusted Chicken. I guess it's just a matter of taste. I used Panko crumbs for the coating and followed all other directions according to the recipe. It was okay but not great--nice for a change. I thought there was something missing in the butter sauce--can't put my finger on it though--maybe a little less on the capers too. The chicken was very well done though---tender and moist. I would give this a 6 out of 10. I was a lttle hesitant about this recipe but tried it anyway--not a total waste of time because we did eat it.

I served with asparagus tossed with a little lemon pepper and parmesan--yummy. Also made Cynthia's garlic bread--totally awesome--definite keeper!!! No couscous -- made a rice pasta with a little butter, parmesan and parsley addition--nice as well.

Dessert was those Perfect Bites --little lemon cake circles with lemon flavored whipped cream and fresh strawberries---wonderful light ending to the meal. Those I will make again as well.

Hope to hear other results!!

NEXT!!!!!?
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: On line dinner party--Aug 15 by Roxanne 21 (Okay--nobody is jump...)
I'm fixing mine for dinner tonight! Will post results later!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: On line dinner party--Aug 15 by Bizymomma (I'm fixing mine for ...)
Overall, I liked this dish. It was a nice change. DH really liked it and so did my 12 yr.old son. I would give it a 7 out of 10. The finished product looked nice, just like the magazine. I always like that!

I made fresh breadcrumbs with a loaf of french bread as suggested.
I didn’t have to pound my chicken breasts. Once I cut them in half, they were already ½”. Rather than risk them getting dried out, I just left them as they were once cut.

Couscous was very good. But, then again, I’m a big fan of couscous.
I made the couscous and added some sliced black olives to the finished product….um, cause I really like it that way! LOL

And I served the dish with a fresh salad of baby lettuces with a balsamic vinegrette.
Loving every moment of my life!!
Roxanne, would you please post the Lemon Cake recipe you spoke of? They sound lovely!
TIA
  Re: Re: On line dinner party--Aug 15 by dollop (Roxanne, would you p...)
Will do a little later--like this evening---
  Re: Re: On line dinner party--Aug 15 by Roxanne 21 (Will do a little lat...)
Thank you so much!
I'm so sorry that I haven't made this yet! I was going to do it last night but was making ketchup and had no burners available. I'm extra sorry because I don't think that ketchup is going to be any good. It smells burnt to me...but that's another thread.... I'm planning to do our dinner party tonight. Feeling a bit discouraged though...I hope at least dinner will be edible....

PS Roxanne, are the lemon cake circles from Issue 51? If so, I can post it for you so you don't have to do all that typing.
Tammy
  Re: Re: On line dinner party--Aug 15 by TwilightKitten (I'm so sorry that I ...)
YES!!! But I can do if you're caught up with your dinner---I would love to hear what you think of this recipe!!
  Re: Re: On line dinner party--Aug 15 by dollop (Roxanne, would you p...)
Lemon Cake Bites
Makes about 24; Total time: about 1 hour

Prepare:
1/2 recipe Lemon Jelly Roll Cake (follows)
Combine:
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
Blend; Whisk dry ingredients into:
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
2 t. lemon extract
Minced zest of one lemon
Beat and gradually add; fold into batter:
4 egg whites 1/4 cup sugar

DON'T FORGET TO HALVE THAT!!!!!!!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Coat a 9X12 baking sheet with 1" high sides with non-stick spray; line it with parchment and spray again.
Combine dry ungredients
Blend yolks, oil, water, lemon extract and zest in a large bowl. Gradually whisk flour mixture into yolk-oil mixture until smooth.
Beat egg whites in a bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high until frothy. Gradually add 1/4 cup suagr (1/8) to the whites and continue beating until they're shiny and hold firm peaks as beaters are lifted out.
Whisk 1/3 of the whites into the batter to lighten; gently fold in the remaining whites with a whisk. Pour batter onto the prepared sheet. Tilt the pan to evenly spread the batter, then bake the cake 12-13 minutes, or until just set. Cool to room temp on a rack.

Beat; "Dollop" ()on cake rounds:
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup purchased lemon curd (I made my own--none on the shelves here--if you need recipe I will gladly post!!)
ATop with Fresh berries, powdered sugar, mint

Prepare cake--cool--remove from pan, peel off paper:cut into 1 1/2 rounds.
Whip cream and lemon curd together for the lemon cream, beating to soft peaks. "Dollop" " 1 T. cream on each cake round.
Top cakes with berries, dust with powdered sugar then garnish with mint. Serve or chill up to 2 hours.

I made these as we wanted them--not ahead of time----sooo light and fairly easy!! You will enjoy, I'm sure!!! Let us know what you think, please!!!
  Re: Re: On line dinner party--Aug 15 by Roxanne 21 (Lemon Cake Bites[br]...)
Thank you so much for this recipe!! Sounds wonderful. ~"Dollops" and all.