Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake - Has Anyone Made??
  Re: (...)
If so and I missed your comments, I apologize - it's a great coffee cake!

A little time consuming, I did all my mise en place yesterday afternoon, so it wasn't too bad this a.m. - and certainly worth the effort. Crumbs left.

For those who need it -

* Exported from MasterCook *

Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
For the Caramel -
Stir Together -- Sprinkle with:
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 Pinch salt
1 cup chopped pecans -- toasted
For the Streusel -
Process:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
4 T. unsalted butter -- sliced
1 1/2 T. ground cinnamon
1/4 t. table salt
For the Cake -
Whisk Together:
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup lowfat vanilla yogurt
2 eggs
Sift Together:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. table salt
Cream:
1/2 cup unsalted butter -- softened
3/4 cup sugar

Preheat oven to 350°; coat a 9" cake pan with nonstick spray.

Stir together brown sugar, cream, and salt for the caramel. Pour into prepared pan and spread to coat the bottom. Sprinkle pecans over the caramel.

Process brown sugar, flour, butter, cinnamon, and salt for the streusel in a food processor. Pulse until small clumps form; set aside.

Whisk buttermilk, yogurt, and eggs together for the cake in a measuring cup with a pour spout.

Sift flour, baking powder, soda, and salt onto a paper plate.

Cream butter and sugar with a mixer just until combined. Alternately add dry and wet ingredients, starting and ending with the dry.

Blend each addition just until incorporated. Spread half the batter over the caramel, then sprinkle with half the streusel. Carefully spread remaining batter over that and top with remaining streusel.

Bake 50 - 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool cake for 5 minutes on a rack, then run a paring knife around the sides to loosen. Invert onto a serving platter while hot, then let cool slightly before slicing. Due to the sticky top, an electric knife is best for cutting, but a sharp, thin-bladed knife is fine too.

Description:
"(Cuisine at home, December 2005, Issue 54, p. 31) Makes: One 9 inch Cake"
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake - Has Anyone Made?? by cjs (If so and I missed y...)
Yes--- I have made this and I agree--great recipe. A little time consuming but the aromas in the house are wonderful to wake up to--unless you happen to be the cook. YUMMY!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake - Has Anyone Made?? by cjs (If so and I missed y...)
Well, I can't say I made it. I was planning to but then my step-daughter and her friend took over and made it. Unfortunately, the only part I was supposed to do was set the timer, and uh, I forgot....so ours was a bit overdone. It was still good so I'm pretty sure it would have been phenomenal had I not let it cook so long. I will definitely be making it again!
Tammy
Thank you for posting this recipe!
  Re: Re: Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake - Has Anyone Made?? by dollop (Thank you for postin...)
"Thank you for posting this recipe! " - (I was thinking of you...)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake - Has Anyone Made?? by cjs ("Thank you for posti...)
cjs...I just finished this! I just put it in the oven. I can tell I will enjoy this recipe.
  Re: Re: Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake - Has Anyone Made?? by dollop (cjs...I just finishe...)
ALREADY???? Oh, you are in for such a treat in another hour or so! And we expect a review within two hours...
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake - Has Anyone Made?? by cjs (ALREADY???? Oh, you ...)
Yep! Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate you posting this recipe. DH will love this, too.

It finally cooled down a little today and it is raining...good day to bake. I will wait as long as possible to cut it which may be sooner rather than later!

Okay...I wanted to come back here to tell you that it is BEAUTIFUL!!

I cut a small piece and it is really wonderful.

I know I will have to be careful cutting the next piece. I noticed you suggested an electric knife, which I will do this evening.

Really nice recipe and very nice balance of flavor. I will be making this again.