Khalua
  Re: (...)
Is this one similar to the one you use cis?

* Exported from MasterCook *

KAHLUA/KHALUA/KALUHA/WHATEVER SPELLING

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 1/2 cups brown sugar -- packed
1 cup white sugar
2 cups water
1/2 cup Instant Yuban coffee -- be sure & use Yuban or Medaglia D'Oro Instant Espresso coffe
3 cups vodka
1/2 fresh Vanilla Bean (cut across for the half and then split lengthwise)

In a large saucepan stir together the sugars and the water; bring to a boil & boil for 5 min. Take off stove & stir in the instant coffee.

While the sugar mixture is boiling, pour the vodka in a large NON-plastic container and add the split vanilla bean.

Pour sugar mix. into the vodka and quickly cover with lid. Try to wait at least one week. Makes ~5 cups.

If you can't wait one week - have lots of ice cubes to cool it off!!

Description:
"Kahlua is best made a couple of weeks ahead of time - if you are a patient person."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Khalua by cjs (Is this one similar ...)
That's fantastic Jean, thanks.
  Re: Re: Khalua by vannin (That's fantastic Jea...)
shoot, old age is not for sissy - I just thot, who the heck is 'vannin'???? sorry Dale!!! geez
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Khalua by cjs (Is this one similar ...)
Jean, thanks this one seems to be similiar to the one I had (which I cannot find right now) But I'm sure mine had chocolate syrup or maybe chocolate pwdr in it. Does that sound right to you?
Cis

BTW Dale, very very glad to see you in the kitchen again!!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Khalua by farnfam (Jean, thanks this on...)
"But I'm sure mine had chocolate syrup or maybe chocolate pwdr in it. Does that sound right to you?" - no, not at all.

...but this one does -

Irish Cream Liqueur

1 c Irish Whiskey
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
4 eggs
2 T. vanilla extract
1 T. each: chocolate extract, coconut extract and powdered instant coffee

combine all ingred. together in a blender. Blend on a low speed till thoroughly mixed. Refrigerate and serve very cold. Shake well before serving. makes about 1 1/2 pts.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Khalua by cjs (shoot, old age is no...)
Thank you Cis, and LOL Jean. The name Ellen was taken so I had to do Vannin.