Make-Ahead Fuzzy Melbas
  Re: (...)
A friend made the Fuzzy Melbas from the August 2005 issue of Cuisine at Home. They were so good that I adapted the recipe to make ahead, for a crowd. Everyone loved them!

Make Ahead Fuzzy Melbas

Recipe By : Cuisine at Home
Serving Size : 8

Amount Measure Ingredient
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
6 ounces frozen raspberries -- thawed, undrained
2 tablespoons simple syrup

16 ounces frozen peaches -- thawed
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup simple syrup

1 cup rum -- spiced, flavored, or plain

Puree raspberries in blender with simple syrup. Pour into a container and set aside.

Puree peaches, lime juice, and simple syrup. Pour into another container and set aside.

At this point, both raspberry puree and peach puree can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.

For each serving:

Rub rim of martini or other clear glass with a lime wedge, then dip in coarse sugar. Set aside.

In a blender, pour 1/3 cup of the peach mixture, 1 ounce rum, and 3 ice cubes and blend until slushy.

Tilt the prepared glass slightly then spoon in about 5 teaspoons of raspberry mixture so that it runs about halfway down the side of the glass. Pour the peach puree in on top of the raspberry mixture, slowly bringing the glass back into an upright position. This should provide a nice swirled effect.

SIMPLE SYRUP- Stir 1/2 cup granulated sugar into 1/2 cup boiling water until dissolved.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per serving: 89 Calories (kcal); trace Total Fat; (0% calories from fat); trace Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 1mg Sodium

I used vanilla rum for one batch and coconut rum for another- YUM!!!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Make-Ahead Fuzzy Melbas by foodfiend (A friend made the Fu...)
That sounds really good Foodfiend. Thank you.
  Re: Re: Make-Ahead Fuzzy Melbas by vannin (That sounds really g...)
does sound good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com