Cornbread Leftovers
  Re: (...)
Swissmiss got me to thinking - the reason I don't make cornbread often is there are only two of us at home now and I really get tired of seeing the old frozen pkgs. of l/o cornbread in the freezer... what do you all do with the l/os, if you have them??

The only way I eat it the next day, is like my Grandpa got me to doing - in a bowl with milk and sugar.

(not turkey stuffing - I have my favorite for that and it's not with cornbread... )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Cornbread Leftovers by cjs (Swissmiss got me to ...)
I fry them into croutons for Caesar Salad. I've also crumbed them and added them to a spicy meatball mixture instead of bread crumbs. I always have lots leftover, I'm the only one in the house who eats it!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Cornbread Leftovers by Lorraine (I fry them into crou...)
"croutons for Caesar Salad." Hello!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cornbread Leftovers by cjs ("croutons for Caesar...)
LOL It's taken me 24 hours clue in. They really are good. I do the same with leftover polenta.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Cornbread Leftovers by Lorraine (LOL It's taken me 2...)
You're so clever Lorraine! I seldom have enough l/o to worry about. I don't believe I have your Spicy Meatball recipe...post it please...
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Cornbread Leftovers by Lorraine (LOL It's taken me 2...)
I've done that with polenta, but didn't even think of using the cornbread!!!
www.achefsjourney.com