Post deleted by sysadmin
  Re: (...)
  Re: Post deleted by sysadmin by (...)
Sounds like a fun project - I would love to help. Also, hope the restaurant's address will be given for our next trip thru... Will email you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Need Your Eyes (and Stomach) by cjs (Sounds like a fun pr...)
I would love to participate and have responded.. Welcome to Texas. I think Corpus and Vera Cruz are the class of the Gulf Coast.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Need Your Eyes (and Stomach) by Old Bay (I would love to part...)
I would love to respond too. But from your past posts all I will be able to do is sit and dribble. My email is

d_demorgan@hotmail.com I did use the link but it wouldn't go thru.
  Re: Re: Need Your Eyes (and Stomach) by vannin (I would love to resp...)
There is an underscore between the first two ds.
  Re: Re: Need Your Eyes (and Stomach) by vannin (There is an undersco...)
Steve, my email's on the way...there aren't any underscores between the d's in mine
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Need Your Eyes (and Stomach) by bjcotton (Steve, my email's on...)
"descriptive copy with my menu."

I was going to mention that...will email for new copy.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
The menu really looks good and quite eclectic. My suggestions are:
APPETIZERS--With all the blue crabs around add a crab dish here--crabcakes or a crab stuffed jalapeno--Rabys in Pt. O'Connor makes one of resteraunt quality and is a good supply source for fresh fish. A stuffed roasted poblano is also an idea. Add a crostini with an Italian base but add some preserved lemon and capers to the mix for a Moroccan flair.
SALADS--How about adding sliced capon breast to the toppings instead of the duck or salmon.
ENTREES--Could I have your Cornish Hen recipe?--Please! How about serving the filet au poivre with a brandy sauce as a variation? Consider a red snapper or red drum fillet with a sauce or a stuffed whole flounder--these are local fish and would be familier. Using achiote or pasealla chili powder on the grilled shrimp would be neat twist.
Thank you so much. It was so much fun playing with this--I always wanted to have a Bistro but never got around to it. Good luck and I'll see you sometime.
Edited--please send me a descriptive copy--I just saw the note. Thanks again.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Need Your Eyes (and Stomach) by Old Bay (The menu really look...)
OOps, I didn't put Rain Menu in my subject line, I put wow. I loved this menu, not too big, but plenty of choice. I wish I was going there for lunch, I really do.