My Heroes
  Re: (...)
I posted this on another forum that I belong to, but I thot you guys could also put up with me showing my bleeding heart liberalism for just a second...I hope

I don't have too many heroes, but two at the top of my list are Molly Ivins and Ann Richards - Ann Richards died recently and because Molly Ivins was on vacation, I could hardly wait until she came back, 'cause I just knew she would write THE article...and she did!!

http://www.dfw.com/mld/startelegram/news...526062.htm
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: My Heroes by cjs (I posted this on ano...)
Thanks for sharing that. That was a nice article. Sounds like she was one dynamic lady and will be greatly missed.
  Re: Re: My Heroes by DFen911 (Thanks for sharing t...)
I remember her well and admired her so much. She was just an incredible person and I can't wait to read a biography when it comes out because I know it will be fascinating.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: My Heroes by Half_Baked (I remember her well ...)
"I know it will be fascinating." - and if Molly Ivins writes it, it will pull no punches!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: My Heroes by cjs ("I know it will be f...)
Sounds like an incredible woman!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: My Heroes by Lorraine (Sounds like an incre...)
When she was in office, she became National news and would not only be admired for her politics and work, but she kept us in stitches from laughing.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.