Anyone take Penzeys ONE magazine?
  Re: (...)
There are some pretty good recipes in there. There is one "Mystery Bread" I have marked to copy for Lolly and Sharon. I have "Cheddar Crackers" marked for me to try. Never have made anything like it. The only thing in them I don't care for is sesame seeds...hate those little devils.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Anyone take Penzeys ONE magazine? by bjcotton (There are some prett...)
Is it online, Billy?? PS I love sesame seeds!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Anyone take Penzeys ONE magazine? by bjcotton (There are some prett...)
I've been a subscriber since before it hit the news stands. I really enjoy it. There are so many wonderful things in there that I want to fix. I like the stories about the people behind the recipes. Worth every penny!

Uhm, how come I can use "smilies"?????
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Anyone take Penzeys ONE magazine? by Harborwitch (I've been a subscrib...)
You CAN use smilies? The only way I can is to use the colon and parens.

I take it you have the recipe for the Mystery Bread then? I was going to post it for you and Lorraine. I put a sticky note on that page with your names on it.

Lorraine, you have to subscribe to the magazine. I'll go ahead and post the recipe for you.

Billy
  Re: Re: Anyone take Penzeys ONE magazine? by bjcotton (You CAN use smilies?...)
Please post for all of us, Billy. I don't have access to Penzey's here unless I order some of the spices on-line---great products!! Is the magazine available for the ordinary consumer?
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Anyone take Penzeys ONE magazine? by Roxanne 21 (Please post for all ...)
OK Billy, (deep sigh) I'm heading over to Penzeys.

Mr HB is looking for you....but he knows you give me great joy.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Anyone take Penzeys ONE magazine? by Half_Baked (OK Billy, (deep sigh...)
I posted the recipe. It's available if you want to subscribe...www.penzeys.com

Here's another one I want to make:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Cheddar Crackers

Recipe By :R. Zevnik
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Appetizers

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 pound unsalted butter -- at room temperature
8 ounces grated sharp aged white cheddar cheese
8 ounces grated gruyere
3/4 cup toasted sesame seeds -- cooled
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
1/3 cup ice water

Mix the dry ingredients together. Add butter and cheese and cut in well with a pastry blender or paddle attachment on a mixer. Pulsing with a food processor also works. Add the minimum amount of ice water to get the dough to hold together. Form into rolls, wrap in plastic and refrigerate (overnight if possible). Slice into rounds, about 1/4--3/4 inch thick. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Place sliced round onto sheets and bake at 400°F for 13--15 minutes. We sliced our crackers 1/2-inch thick and baked for 8 minutes, then flipped them and baked them for 7 minutes with great results. Check carefully near the end to avoid over-browning. Remove to cooling racks. The dough freezes well if wrapped in plastic wrap. Delicious when served warm.

Source:
"Penzeys ONE"
Yield:
"5 dozen"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Billy
  Re: Re: Anyone take Penzeys ONE magazine? by bjcotton (I posted the recipe....)
The crackers sound great!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com