Hungarian Kebabs Critique
  Re: (...)
Where to begin.....
These looked so good....I couldn't wait to fix them.
I loved the combination of all the flavors involved and it was tasty indeed. Unfortunately, I decided to fix this recipe last night and was unable to find Hungarian Paprika this morning, but bought a brand new bottle of paprika to fix the dish...umm, that makes 3 bottles I now have...

I made the recipe as directed to the "T",...except for the paprika.

The only problem (if you really want to call it a problem) was that the meatball mixture was so soft....1/3c. milk, and 1/3c. chicken broth seemed like an awful lot to me...and I was proved right but the lack of being able to keep them all together. Skewers?....LOL "fagetaboutit" There was no way those little suckers were going to stay on a skewer. So, I simply didn't put them on.

The only thing I might do different next time, would be to cut the red pepper flakes down just a tad. With kids being only 12 and 8, they were a little spicy. I liked it (and trust me, I'll remember later...LOL 'Nexium..here I come'), but for the kiddos, next time maybe only 3/4 tsp. and we'll go from there.

I loved this dish! and I will make it again!
I would say a 9 out of 10!
By the way, kids did like it...."go momma, go momma..it's your birthday(not really...LOL)"

Here's a pic:
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j59/Bi...C00292.jpg
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Hungarian Kebabs Critique by Bizymomma (Where to begin.....[...)
Such a lovely plate, Bizymom, it looks beautiful with your dinner!

I guess I'm going to have to start buying the back issues. Was there ever any doubt Jean? :0
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Hungarian Kebabs Critique by Half_Baked (Such a lovely plate,...)
Beautiful plate there!

I haven't made that recipe yet, so I apprciate you telling us about the "problem." Maybe I need to mull over that recipe and whip out the pots and pans on that one!!
  Re: Re: Hungarian Kebabs Critique by Half_Baked (Such a lovely plate,...)
"Was there ever any doubt Jean?" - not in my mind !

This sounds good AND looks wonderful - I'll have to check it out when I get home. You guys are going to make me have to bring my whole collection with me on trips to be able to keep up on what's being talked about.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hungarian Kebabs Critique by cjs ("Was there ever any ...)
OOOO Very lovely Ang, what issue is that in again?
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Hungarian Kebabs Critique by farnfam (OOOO Very lovely Ang...)
The current one! Had the leftovers for lunch today!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Hungarian Kebabs Critique by Bizymomma (The current one! Ha...)
Looks yummy Angela! Ya done good!

I've been looking for unusual plates so I can plate things on a nice dish other than white Corelleware No luck so far...guess I'll have to look harder.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Hungarian Kebabs Critique by bjcotton (Looks yummy Angela! ...)
Billy - hit some garage sales and flea markets - that's where I've picked up a lot of one off goodies.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Hungarian Kebabs Critique by Bizymomma (Where to begin.....[...)
Bizymomma,

Looks Yum! On the list...

Billy, there's a very popular restaurant in nearby Kingston, NH, that serves all dinners on old plates found at garage sales, estate sales, etc. It really adds charm to the meal and the atmosphere.

Go forth and yardsale!

PJ
PJ