Chipotle Shrimp- please help me find
  Re: (...)
Hello all,
My friend and I lost the chipotle shrimp recipe. This recipe had cilantro and the shrimp was dusted with flour. It also called for wine. Thanks in advance for any help.
  Re: Chipotle Shrimp- please help me find by bostonredsox (Hello all,[br]My fri...)
Welcome to the forums! I tried a search for Chipolte Shrimp for you, but couldn't find it. Maybe someone else will be along that can help out. Good luck!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Chipotle Shrimp- please help me find by bostonredsox (Hello all,[br]My fri...)
I think this might be the one...

Cilantro Scampi with Cheddar Biscuits
(Cuisine at home, April 2006, Issue 56, p. 36,37)

Makes: 1 lb. Shrimp and 10 Biscuits Total Time: 45 Minutes Rating: Easy

For the Biscuits—
Mix Together:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 T. baking powder
1 t. kosher salt
1/2 t. cream of tartar

Cut in:
6 T. unsalted butter, cold, cubed
1 cup sharp Cheddar, shredded

Combine:
1 cup buttermilk
1 egg, beaten
Flour mixture

For the Scampi—
Heat 2 T. Olive Oil and Saute:
1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined; dusted with flour
1 T. garlic, minced

Deglaze with; Stir in:
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 T. unsalted butter
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 T. chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped
Salt to taste

Garnish with:
4 lime wedges
Sprigs of fresh cilantro

Preheat oven to 450°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or coat lightly with nonstick spray.

Mix together the dry ingredients for the biscuits.

Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until it’s the size of peas. Stir in the cheese.

Combine buttermilk and egg, then stir into the flour mixture just until incorporated. Portion batter with an ice cream scoop or a 1/4-cup measure onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until tops begin to brown. While biscuits bake, prepare scampi.

Heat oil in a large saute pan coated with nonstick spray over medium-high. Add shrimp and saute 2 minutes. Stir in garlic; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.

Deglaze with wine, scraping up any bits from the bottom of the pan. Simmer until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Stir in butter until melted. Combine cilantro, lime juice, and chiles in a large bowl. Add shrimp to cilantro mixture and toss to coat; season with salt. When ready to serve, spoon shrimp and sauce over the biscuits.

Garnish each serving with a lime wedge and cilantro sprigs.

Nutrition Information (Per 1/4 lb. scampi):
270 calories 49% calories from fat 15g total fat 7g carb. 204mg sodium 1g fiber 24g protein
Tammy
  Re: Re: Chipotle Shrimp- please help me find by TwilightKitten (I think this might b...)
Is it possible to kiss the cooks????

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!
  Re: Re: Chipotle Shrimp- please help me find by bostonredsox (Is it possible to ki...)
Do you have any idea how many trees have died to supply me with paper to print out all these recipes over 20 years time?
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Chipotle Shrimp- please help me find by Half_Baked (Do you have any idea...)
Welcome! Old Bay made a post back in May about having made the Chipotle Shrimp, but I don't have backissues.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Chipotle Shrimp- please help me find by Lorraine (Welcome! Old Bay m...)
Here is the thread:

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...=true#Post18994
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy