Look What I'm Still Picking.....
  Re: (...)
I was getting ready to water the front lawn and decided I'd better pick these first.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/b...fter-1.jpg

There are still 3 almost pickable ones and several green ones. The largest weighed in at 12 oz and the others averaged 8-9 oz. Aren't they adorable?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Look What I'm Still Picking..... by bjcotton (I was getting ready ...)
I AM SOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!

For the first time in 23 years, I didn't plant a garden this year and I have found only a few really good tomatoes. Even at farmstands, it's iffy. The ones I bought on Wednesday look good, but have little flavor. Never again will I not plant a veggie garden!

Um, could you please send me some? They're so beautiful!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Look What I'm Still Picking..... by foodfiend (I AM SOOOOOOO JEALOU...)
OOOOOOOOOOOO!!! You lucky devil!!! Are those, ya know, the REAL thing??? Tasty, juicy with great drip down your chin sweetness---and are not sawdust???

FedEx has just been dispatched for a pick up---for delivery to ME----they have all the info, no need to worry--just have those babies ready---any minute now they will be at your door!!! LOL--------

Too sandy here to plant that type of produce--but my basil is almost ready to go in-
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
You dog--mine burned up in July--Texas heat--I picked in May though.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
Yes, Billy, but are they adoptable and adaptable???

Couldn't help myself.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Look What I'm Still Picking..... by pjcooks (Yes, Billy, but are ...)
I don't know if they're adaptable or adoptable, but they sure are yummy!

These aren't the drippy kind Roxanne. I wanted to get some seeds to send out of the country and out of 2 tomatoes I recovered about 12 seeds. There were more than likely more in there, but it didn't occur to me that I hadn't squeezed them all out. These tomatoes are very meaty with little juice, kind of like Romas. Low acid and delicious. My sis and BIL [the 800 pound gorilla] love them for tomato sandies. They're all I'm planting next year besides 3 Sun Gold cherry tomatoes.

Billy
  Re: Re: Look What I'm Still Picking..... by bjcotton (I don't know if they...)
I'm getting one or 2 romas every day or so but I know I have 100-200 green ones on the plant.

I'm taking them into exercise class for the ladies who like fried green tomatos.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Look What I'm Still Picking..... by Half_Baked (I'm getting one or 2...)
I have lots of green ones too Jan. The cherry tomatoes, Beefsteak, and Romas and just loaded. As soon as I get the rest of the Mortgage Buster/Lifters I'm taking all the bushes out.

Billy
  Re: Re: Look What I'm Still Picking..... by bjcotton (I have lots of green...)
Oh yum Billy, just, just, well, so, so, so yum....