Oh Jan Sweetie
  Re: (...)
After fertilizing my Meyer lemon and my Bearss/Persian lime, I told you how many blossoms I had on the Meyer, it's now well over 400. Would you like me to count the blossoms on the lime tree for you?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Oh Jan Sweetie by bjcotton (After fertilizing my...)
*slapping forehead*....only because I can't reach BJ to slap his little hiney!

Mr HB and I sit on the deck every morning and evening. You and Lorraine's Meyer lemon trees are our main topic every day, as we watch ours grow 5' limbs with no buds whatsoever.

Mr HB always says that it takes all the control he has not to trim the little sucker. We just shake our heads thinking about yours and Miss Lolly's.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Oh Jan Sweetie by Half_Baked (*slapping forehead*....)
It takes a while to fill in the root system and produce foliage and branches before it begins to blossom. Have you fertilized it with some urea? They like some heavy nitrogen once in a while.

Billy
  Re: Re: Oh Jan Sweetie by bjcotton (It takes a while to ...)
We're checking the nurseries around town for the citrus fertilizer, but it looks like I'm going to have to order it online.

I've been using Miracle Grow.
Jan

Re: Re: Oh Jan Sweetie by Half_Baked (We're checking the n...)
It's ok Jan, but doesn't have the quantities that make the plants just sprout out and blossom all over the place.

Billy
  Re: Re: Oh Jan Sweetie by Half_Baked (We're checking the n...)
Jan, you really should have the citrus fertilizer - we had the same problem. Up here, "you don't grow citrus", so no fertilizer for them, but we just buy it out of the area.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Oh Jan Sweetie by Half_Baked (*slapping forehead*....)
"You and Lorraine's Meyer lemon trees "

Me??? I have a Meyer Lemon tree???? Only in my dreams, Jan!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Oh Jan Sweetie by Lorraine ("You and Lorraine's ...)
I wonder who I've been thinking about, Lorraine? CRS at it's best. Well, I'll stop swearing at you under my breath. I have Mr HB believing that you're growing one in Toronto although he questioned me about it several times...hahahahah. I've even given him details. Who in the world am I thinking of? roflmao
Jan

Re: Re: Oh Jan Sweetie by Half_Baked (I wonder who I've be...)
It might have been me that you were thinking of at some time Jan - I think I'm the one that got Billy started on the citrus trees.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Oh Jan Sweetie by cjs (It might have been m...)
Yes, it was you Jean! Now I should have certainly remembered you. Geez, getting old'er sucks!
Jan