Meyer Lemon Tree
  Re: (...)
I would like to grow one of these, but haven't the foggiest where to begin...eg.buy, take care of,..etc.
Anyone got a good suggestion?
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Meyer Lemon Tree by Bizymomma (I would like to grow...)
BJ knows where to buy them online but Mr HB found mine at a nursery. He shopped for it over about a 2 week period and finally found one. The nursery only had 2.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Meyer Lemon Tree by Half_Baked (BJ knows where to bu...)
Citrus grows well here, this time of year, the trees are just staggering under the weight of fruit and nobody seems to pick it. I have 3 Meyers and a Tahitian Lime here just bursting their little heads off, I should have planted a Lisbon Lemon.
  Re: Re: Meyer Lemon Tree by vannin (Citrus grows well he...)
Angela, I buy mine from www.fourwindsgrowers.com they have never sent me an unhealthy tree yet.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Meyer Lemon Tree by bjcotton (Angela, I buy mine f...)
Thanks Billy...I just ordered my first lemon tree!!! Thanks to everyone else who responded too!
  Re: Re: Meyer Lemon Tree by Bizymomma (Thanks Billy...I jus...)
Oh rats, I was going to tell you about Tyty Nurseries in Tyty GA. But Billy's is tried and true. We're going to head down there and check it out over the winter.
Jan

Re: Re: Meyer Lemon Tree by Half_Baked (Oh rats, I was going...)
Giggle, snort, belly laugh. Not sure how you will feel about this, but herewith anyway. In all the houses we have had I have planted lemon trees. And I would make DH sneak out in the night and pee around them. It really helps them to get going. Urea of course. ;Þ Just as well we have never had close neighbours. I also practiced birth control on them, nipping the blossoms off so the little tree wouldn't get to tired bearing lemons so early.
  Re: Re: Meyer Lemon Tree by vannin (Giggle, snort, belly...)
Dale....LMAO!!
You add such life to this forum!
Sending hugs your way!
You never cease to make me laugh!

P.S... My mom brought home a lemon tree from work when I was a kid. She complained that the guys were peeing in it. It looked pretty healthy to me! LOL
  Re: Re: Meyer Lemon Tree by Bizymomma (Dale....LMAO!![br]Yo...)
Oh duh me, I paid Four Winds to ***** me a bag of fertilizer and I had Jamie right here in the house already. Poor planning on my part!!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Meyer Lemon Tree by farnfam (Oh duh me, I paid Fo...)
Another one to taunt me with a Meyer Lemon!

I cant let anyone 'wee wee' on mine since I have to bring it in for the winter.
Jan