Dinner Critique for Oct. 2nd - Pork Tenderloin
  Re: (...)
We had fun with this one - we were in Yakima and had a couple of fellas that Roy works with (on our travels) over for dinner and they were told to be very critical of the recipe.

I thot both recipes were written quite well and worked exactly as they were written. (I've had doubts/questions about previous c@h recipes) The flavors were great together also. As I'm still judging everything against the Chicken roulades (&tomato concasse), I give this one a 9. And the guys all said they'd give it a 10, but since they haven't had the chix dish 'yet', they'd go with a 9 also.

I must admit, I'll probably repeat the orzo and roasted veggies all by themselves more than I will add the tenderloin. I love the pasta/veggie combination - the balsamic reduction and goat cheese just finished off the dish perfectly for me.

I served Drunken Floats for dessert and had to send the recipe home with them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Critique for Oct. 2nd - Pork Tenderloin by cjs (We had fun with this...)
My family liked the pork tenderloin very well. I've fixed something similiar in the past, so it wasn't a totally new taste. I cooked mine to a medium/medium rare and it was so tender, you could easily cut it with your fork!
I would use the marinade again, it smelled fantastic!

I fixed the buttered orzo and some roasted sugar snap peas.

I would definitely say a 9 out of 10!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Dinner Critique for Oct. 2nd - Pork Tenderloin by Bizymomma (My family liked the ...)
Oh this was great stuff! We just did one Pork Tenderloin and brined first, marinated etc. as instructed. It was really wonderful, and tender YUM. I think reduced Balsamic is going to be used here more often. There was still a good sized chunk leftover which went into Fajitas the next day, making it a very good value as well.
We've been addicted to buttered Orzo since we tried it with the Game Hens recipe a bit ago. And our other side was green beans with onions drizzled with EVO.
All was very YUM at least 8 or 9 YUMS
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Dinner Critique for Oct. 2nd - Pork Tenderloin by Bizymomma (My family liked the ...)
I forgot to mention, as I promised the 'boys' I would - the Canoe Ridge '03 Cab they brot for dinner was just perfect with the dinner.

I normally remove a tenderloin at 138F - so we have just a tad of pink in the meat - perfect for us.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner Critique for Oct. 2nd - Pork Tenderloin by cjs (I forgot to mention,...)
We really enjoyed this one as well. The pork was unbelievably tender, juicy, and flavorful. I didn't make the buttered orzo though (no flour, no sugar diet!). I served it with grilled mushrooms and yellow squash.

Now, I did have some trouble with the balsamic glaze. I seem to always have a problem with reductions! I let it "reduce" longer (quite a bit longer!) than the recipe said because it just wasn't getting thick....it never did and I was afraid of burning it. How thick was it supposed to get?

Anyway, we really loved this dish and will be making it on a regular basis.
Tammy
  Re: Re: Dinner Critique for Oct. 2nd - Pork Tenderloin by TwilightKitten (We really enjoyed th...)
For a reduction, it's best not to look for the thickness, because as it cools, it will get thick as tar if you go too far. It's best to reduce by amount, in my opinion. This is what I do.

I use a small flat-bottomed, straight-sided saucepan. Measure the amount you want to reduce to with water or the liquid you want reduced, mark this with a wooden pick.

Put the liquid in the pan and reduce it just above a simmer, but not a hard boil. I usually remove from the heat when the amount is a little above my mark and let it cool a little to see how thick it's getting. You may want to stop at whatever that point is.

Does this make sense?? It's the best way I've found to do reductions.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner Critique for Oct. 2nd - Pork Tenderloin by cjs (For a reduction, it'...)
Things got out of whack, so I will be fixing this for dinner tonight. Of course around here there is nothing in whack, so it fits right in.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Dinner Critique for Oct. 2nd - Pork Tenderloin by cjs (For a reduction, it'...)
Yes, that does make sense, and it was very helpful! Thank you!
Tammy
Quote:

I use a small flat-bottomed, straight-sided saucepan. Measure the amount you want to reduce to with water or the liquid you want reduced, mark this with a wooden pick.

Put the liquid in the pan and reduce it just above a simmer, but not a hard boil. I usually remove from the heat when the amount is a little above my mark and let it cool a little to see how thick it's getting. You may want to stop at whatever that point is.

Does this make sense?? It's the best way I've found to do reductions.

Jean, that makes it so simple! Here I've been, trying to eyeball it in the pan. TYVM

I'm making it tonight also. Had a heck of a time finding ouzo at 'the around the corner' market.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Dinner Critique for Oct. 2nd - Pork Tenderloin by Half_Baked ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
What was the original recipe that had the roasted vegetables with it? I was trying to find those roasted vegetables, but couldn't remember.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy