Madeleines
  Re: (...)
Just wondering if anyone has a fvorite recipe for these little delights. I finally received my madeleine pan in my care package -- I won't whinge (whine) about the time frame -- I ordered the "____" thing when I was reading a recipe and thought this might be a fun thing to do. Curious, that's all.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Madeleines by Roxanne 21 (Just wondering if an...)
I made them one time at school and one time at work, but other than that, I've not really worked with them. I'm anxious to hear what others have done also. I do have an earmarked recipe for "Marinated Cherries with Honey Ice Cream and Madeleines" that I haven't tried yet....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Madeleines by cjs (I made them one time...)
Madeleines were my mom's favorite cookie but alas, I don't have any of her recipes.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Madeleines by Half_Baked (Madeleines were my m...)
This is a good recipe!
http://www.joyofbaking.com/madeleines.html

Ther are also some good recipes in, Once Upon A Tart.

Sweet and savory!!
  Re: Re: Madeleines by dollop (This is a good recip...)
Thank you dollop, saved to favourites. I adore them, but never made them, so suitable for Christening teas and so on.
  Re: Re: Madeleines by vannin (Thank you dollop, sa...)
I want to know, "Madeleine's what?" Obviously I don't know what they are. I assume a cookie like thingie since that's what you've mentioned, but what are they like?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Madeleines by bjcotton (I want to know, "Mad...)
A madeleine is a traditional sweet from France. Madeleines are identified by their distinctive shell-like shape, which they acquire from being baked in special pans with shell-shaped depressions. Madeleines are cake-like and fairly small. Their flavour is similar to, but somewhat lighter than, pound cake, with a pronounced butter-and-lemon taste.

I liked the pan for some strange reason--now I need a tried and true recipe.

Thanks dollop--the sites are great!!
  Re: Madeleines by Roxanne 21 (Just wondering if an...)
I have always used the recipe from The Joy Of Cooking and I have found it to be superb. I once had to make 12 dozen for a reception while taking a course on Proust, i.e., the famous tea and madeline scene. I always think of Swans Way.
  Re: Re: Madeleines by vontrottzu (I have always used t...)
Welcome to the forums, 'von'!! Good to see you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Madeleines by vontrottzu (I have always used t...)
Thank you vontrottzu---HUGE WELCOME to our family. You will love it here, I hope!! Interesting screen name--see ya around!!!