Taste of Home
  Re: (...)
Does anyone here take Taste of Home magazine? If so, in the plastic envelope it came in was an insert from the Country Store. In that insert was an appetizer recipe using a whole loaf of French bread; splitting it and pulling out the inside leaving about half-an-inch. You put those crumbs, marinated artichoke hearts and a few other things in a food processor and that's all I remember. I had market it to copy into MasterCook, but my sis threw it away. Does anyone still have that insert? Please.....
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Taste of Home by bjcotton (Does anyone here tak...)
Can you look up The Country Store on the internet and see if they have it on their site?

Sorry I can't help, bunny.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Taste of Home by bjcotton (Does anyone here tak...)
I dont have the one you are talking about but this one is very similar, I believe.

http://www.razzledazzlerecipes.com/savor...-bread.htm

Hope it works
  Re: Re: Taste of Home by piano226 (I dont have the one ...)
I have the magazine and hadn't opened it yet. The recipe posted by piano is almost exactly like the one in Taste of Home, but there are some differences, so I'll go ahead and post it.

Appetizer Artichoke Bread

1 loaf unsliced French bread
1.5 c sour cream (12 oz.)
1/2 c melted butter
2 T sesame seeds
2 c (8 oz) shredded monterey jack cheese
1 c (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
1 jar (6.5 oz) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 T minced fresh parsley
2 t lemon pepper seasoning

Cut bread in half lengthwise; hollow out, leaving 1/2 inch shells. Set shells aside. Place removed bread in a food processor or blender; cover and process until crumbly. In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, sour cream, butter and seasme seeds; spread onto a baking sheet. Broil 4 inches from heat for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once.

In a bowl, combine the crumb mixture, cheeses, artichokes, garlic, parsley and lemon pepper. Spoon into bread shells. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Slice and serve warm.

Makes 12-14 servings.
Calliope
  Re: Re: Taste of Home by Calliope (I have the magazine ...)
now doesn't that sound tasty!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Taste of Home by cjs (now doesn't that sou...)
I just copied it, too. I really like to 'hold' a recipe or book instead of reading it over the internet. Of course I'll have to build another room to the house.

Hmmm, I have 2 empty file cabinets. I could separate all these pages and file them under my crazy catagories. Sounds like a great project. I just need to pick up some manilla folders....as kids we thought it was vanilla folders. Hahahahahah
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Taste of Home by Half_Baked (I just copied it, to...)
Oh, thank you guys. I would have worried, and bugged myself until I was just a puddle of anxious sweat trying to find that. Both of those recipes will be tried very soon.. maybe with the Upcoming dinner.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy