C@H Splendid Soups' corn cakes
  Re: (...)
On pg 83 there is a recipe for Corn Cakes. I was thinking about putting some corn kernels into the batter but then I got to thinking, could I put the cornmeal in boiling creamed corn and have a really nice little cake?

1 c cornmeal
1 T jalapenos
1 t kosher salt
1 1/4 c boiling water
4 T oil, divided
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: C@H Splendid Soups' corn cakes by Half_Baked (On pg 83 there is a ...)
What's "biling" water???? Can't answer your question but thought I'd poke fun!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: C@H Splendid Soups' corn cakes by Roxanne 21 (What's "biling" wate...)
great proof reading!!! I'll go fix it.
Jan

Re: C@H Splendid Soups' corn cakes by Half_Baked (On pg 83 there is a ...)
hmmmm, I can see adding corn kernals to the basic recipes, but adding cornmeal to cream corn???

I was thinking you might try making half the recipe with less water/stock and then thin out (with cream corn) to 'corn cake' consistency...but, looking at the recipe, it looks like it's going to be very thick as is. When I make polenta, I use (normally) 4 to 1 or 6 to 1 water to cornmeal.

Theirs calls for almost 1 to 1 - that's going to be thick. What do other polenta makers think??

But corn kernals would be really good addition, I would think, Jan. Let us know how it turns out.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: C@H Splendid Soups' corn cakes by cjs (hmmmm, I can see add...)
Since it will be so thick, maybe I'll just add a cup of creamed corn and see what happens. Or maybe I'll roast some ears on the grill and just add those smoky kernels.

I'm just planning some weekend meals.
Jan

Re: Re: C@H Splendid Soups' corn cakes by Half_Baked (Since it will be so ...)
What's not to like in that - I love adding corn kernals to cornbread.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: C@H Splendid Soups' corn cakes by cjs (What's not to like i...)
And the jalapenos...yum
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy