Flounder for dinner
  Re: (...)
I have flounder that I'm wanting to prepare for dinner.
Any snappy ideas? I've got lemons, capers... tomatoes, peppers, onions. Only fresh herbs are rosemary, thyme, basil. Hmmmm I don't want to use TOO much fat. I'm trying to eat a little more healthy since my doctor gave me the 3rd degree on my weight. (I'm switching Drs. by the way...LOL!!!)
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Flounder for dinner by Bizymomma (I have flounder that...)
I've never had flounder, what's it comparable to?
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Flounder for dinner by Lorraine (I've never had floun...)
Tilapia, sole... mild flavor. tender.
Do it really simple and dress it up with the sides. I love flounder---take some white flour and dust it with curry powder, mix it in until you can just smell the curry. Dredge the fish in the flour on both sides shaking off the excess. Salt and pepper to taste and cook it over med heat in a mixture of olive oil and butter until golden brown on both sides. This lets the flounder shine--serve with rice pilaf, asparagus and a crusty bread. A sauvignon blanc would be perfect.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Flounder for dinner by Old Bay (Do it really simple ...)
Curry huh? Interesting! I would have never thought of that one.
too late, but I love questions like this, so I'm going to answer anyway, so there!

Schmear a little mustard on the fish, sprinkle with thyme. Either grill or roast in a hot oven till just 140 F.

While the fish is cooking, mix together chopped or minced tomatoes, pepper, onions, capers with a little lemon juice and serve the 'salsa' over the fish.

darn, wish I had some flounder in the freezer.

Thinking on this, I think between the schmearing of mustard and sprinkling of thyme, I sprinkle a little lemon juice also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Flounder for dinner by Bizymomma (Curry huh? Interest...)
I love flounder too. Mostly just chuck it in the pan whole, with butter, and proceed with a debris dish handy. And lemon, always lemon. If you have filets, they roll so well around yummies, and cook fast. It may be a delicate flavour, but it can hold its own against stronger flavs. Not Franks chilli, but julienned veg wrapped in it is delightful, hardly cooked but lovely textures.
  Re: Re: Flounder for dinner by vannin (I love flounder too....)
Angela, stop floundering, and come tell us how you cooked it!!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Flounder for dinner by Lorraine (Angela, stop flounde...)
Oh, my favorite is to make/buy crabcakes, flatten them on the flounder, roll it up and bake. Top it with a lemon/butter sauce...I'd add a few capers.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Flounder for dinner by Half_Baked (Oh, my favorite is t...)
Ok Angela we're waiting to hear how the fish came out