Salsa? Salad?
  Re: (...)
Anyone want to come over and pick Roma tomatoes or Sun Gold cherry tomatoes? I got lots! Those darned things are still blooming, developing and ripening. I'm tired of 'em!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Salsa? Salad? by bjcotton (Anyone want to come ...)
You should see how many I have sitting on my front porch! Our problem is as soon as they even start turing orange I have to pick them because it is getting so cold and all this rain will split them!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Salsa? Salad? by bjcotton (Anyone want to come ...)
I sure wish I could help you out with those! We didn't plant as many tomatoes this year.
  Re: Re: Salsa? Salad? by dollop (I sure wish I could ...)
ROTFL. By next summer you will be gasping for tomatoes. Seasons work really well on us, don't they.
  Re: Re: Salsa? Salad? by vannin (ROTFL. By next summ...)
Yes, you are so right! We had a strange spring and much of our garden was very late to mature. But I have wonderful lettuce, kale, and peas right now. A few of my herbs are still hanging on...I hate when the garden season ends.
  Re: Re: Salsa? Salad? by dollop (Yes, you are so righ...)
Lucky you!!! Split the cherry tomatoes in half, and dry them in a slow oven. Yum!!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Salsa? Salad? by Lorraine (Lucky you!!! Split ...)
Sure wish I knew which storage box held my dehydrator. That's such a great idea.
Jan

Please spay and neuter your pets.
  Re: Re: Salsa? Salad? by Half_Baked (Sure wish I knew whi...)
I think they'd be better in the oven. Drizzle with a bit of OO, and I think I added just a bit of sea salt. I kept them in a jar in the fridge most months.
  Re: Re: Salsa? Salad? by Lorraine (I think they'd be be...)
I tried that once, but I think I had the temp much too high. Maybe I'll try again.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Salsa? Salad? by bjcotton (I tried that once, b...)
Low and slow. My oven is really hot, so I think I did them at 200 or so. It'll take a few hours. They were sooo good. One batch I added a bit of chopped oregano to. When I took them out of the oven, I added some grated Romano cheese. I was trying to replicate the ones my sister brings back from Sicily. Wasn't quite the same, but good anyway!