Cornbread recipe
  Re: (...)
Awhile ago somebody posted a cornbread recipe that had sugar in it. Can you please post it again.

Thanks
  Re: Cornbread recipe by piano226 (Awhile ago somebody ...)
Piano,
Here was my recipe:

I LOVE cornbread. This has been the recipe that I have used for several years. There are never any leftovers! By the way, I DO NOT like sweet cornbread, but the TBSP. that I add, gives it a boost and keeps it from being bland.
If you fix this, let me know how you like it!

Cornbread
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 each egg, beaten
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees.

2. Heat vegetable oil in skillet in oven for 3 minutes.

3. Combine dry ingredients. Add milk and egg; mix until blended. Add melted oil; mix well. Pour into hot skillet; bake 25-30 minutes.

And here was Roxannes:

OHHH---I'm NOT a purist by any stretch. This is our favorite---straight from New Hampshire!! NO cast iron skillet either--sorry guys.

White Mountain Cornbread

1 cup flour
4 TBLS sugar (sorry again)
1 cup cornmeal
2 tsps baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
4 TBLS melted butter
1 cup sour cream

Sift dry ingredients, set aside.
Slightly beat egg; add milk, butter, sour cream. Mix thoroughly. Add dry ingredients to wet mixture. Stir until mixed. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, or until golden in a 8"X 8" sprayed pan. (I use light sour cream in this--to reduce the fat--but the regular is GREAT!!)

This is a flavorful, moist cornbread that is awesome with chili and barbecues, etc. Makes 9 servings. May be frozen.

Billy and Goldenbrown posted a recipe too, but theirs had no sugar!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Cornbread recipe by Bizymomma (Piano,[br]Here was m...)
Thanks guys,

I am making red chili from splendid soups today...I will write a review after dinner tonight.
  Re: Re: Cornbread recipe by piano226 (Thanks guys,[br][br]...)
What a book!!!!

Don't you think management could/should see their way clear to give us at least one year free subscription to the Cuisine at Home Plus....(if and when it gets off the ground) when we tell them we've ALL made EVERY friggin' soup in this book???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cornbread recipe by cjs (What a book!!!! [img...)
I do!!
Loving every moment of my life!!